We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tool831: 2005 Aston Martin DBR9 [v1.0] *Rapidshare added*

Tool831

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bugs:

None Known

Sorry but this car proves that working on more than one conversion at a time is a really bad idea. Plus that whole "Bugs:none known" thing needs to be left off until it's proven that there really aren't any bugs, or at the very least, change it when the bugs are made known.

This car is more off-center than any other car before it, it's shifted and twisted to the left side of the screen. Catering just to the driver's view by twisting and shifting the car itself is a really bad idea because it screws up the rest of the views.

It's got a shadow bug that cuts off the shadow just a few inches outside of the car.

The Passenger position dummy is obviously missing because the passenger position is totally random, the passenger is sometimes ghosting through the engine, sitting on the driver's lap, ghosting through the car doors, and sometimes up to 50 feet in the air!!! You may not be picking up passengers in a fulltime racecar, but it's still a stupid bug to have, especially since this car has to replace a street car ingame.

I tried the Sagaris first obviously, it's shifted and twisted left, and the hood view is really bad, it's into the cockpit and too low, the shadow cuts off less than 6 inches outside the perimeter of the car, and the passenger is fused with the driver's door.

Here's every car that I tested....

Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Merc CLK GTR

DB7 Zagato

Edonis

Ferrari 575

Ferrari 612

Chrysler Firepower

TVR Sagaris

TVR 440-R

TVR Tuscan

Saleen S7 TT

Ford GR-1

McLaren Merc SLR

Spyker Coupe

Aston Martin Vanquish

Viper

Viper Coupe

W-12 Coupe

W-12 Roadster

Jag XJ-220

Jag XKR

I tried all those cars, and only three stood out as better alternatives than the Sagaris, the Ferrari 575 and 612, and the Jag XKR. Those three had both a good driver's view and a good hood view. All the rest of the 21 total cars that I tried had either a bad driver's view, or a bad hood view, and some were even more off-center than others.

Hi Looks Pretty Neat Race Car Ver? Yes Keep up the Great Works you do... TooL!

Hoping maybe you can do some kind of other Classic Cars, next? Like a 59` Covette

with them double Head Lights in front, or Something eles?. or a Harley? Thx :D

It was a Suggestion is all.

Awesome mod tool. Drove it a lot today, replaced the TVR T440R and was using a sound mod designed for the TVR T440R and sounded very good.

Although I will admit, if anyone can somehow bring the GTR Evolution DBR9 sound then I will be well impressed and thankful. ;)

Well, I love my Sagaris so it was very hard for me to replace it for the DBR9, but I did it anyway...

What is more, I've exhausted every reasonable possibility of replacing some other car and it doesn't work (unless you like driving the DBR9-SUV version...)

Well.. I really was hoping that I'll fit the Ascari but.. NO :(

I guess I (and many other people) will have live with that.. ;)

Fantastic car :) but I already told you that ;)

Well, I love my Sagaris so it was very hard for me to replace it for the DBR9, but I did it anyway...

What is more, I've exhausted every reasonable possibility of replacing some other car and it doesn't work (unless you like driving the DBR9-SUV version...)

Did you try the CLK DTM (or GTR?), McLarens (any racing version) or Mustang GTR? I hope one of these will fit because I hate the Sagaris and I'd to replace any racing car :d

Did you try the CLK DTM (or GTR?), McLarens (any racing version) or Mustang GTR? I hope one of these will fit because I hate the Sagaris and I'd to replace any racing car :d

The CLK-GTR has a bad driver's view, a decent hood view, and was more off-center than any other bodyswap.

The McLaren's are a no-go for driver's views, and the hood views are sunken halfway through the hood on all three of them.

My top recommendations for bodyswaps are....

Mustang GTR Concept (this is the car it should've gone on in the first place)

Zonda Roadster

Maserati MC-12

Ferrari 575

Ferrari 612

Jag XKR

Those are the only ones I've found so far that have both a decent driver's view and a good hood view. I can list more, but it would depend on which view you like to use.

If you use the exterior views, you can use whatever you want as long as you can stand the off-center twist and the potential floating rim bugs that show up if you use the rims that came with the car.

If you use primarily driver's view....

Chrysler FirePower

Ford GR-1

McLaren Mercedes SLR

TVR Sagaris

TVR 440-R

TVR Tuscan

Aston Martin Vanquish

Both Vipers

Both VW W-12's

If you use primarily the hood view....

Holden Effigy

Mercedes CLK-GTR

Aston Martin DB7 Zagato

Edonis

Saleen S7TT

VW W-12 Coupe

Jaguar XJ-220

Kurgan you missed the best choice,ascari kz1!;) looks great,good views,nice performance,my murcie v12 sound works;)...anyhoo try it!

I tried the Ascari but the handling was a bit too "loose" for my tastes, it always felt like the back end was just a hair away from slipping out.

I ultimately ended up putting it on the Mustang GTR and using one of Reilss' Sagaris sounds, it sounds like an angry open-exhaust racing V8.

Then I took the Mustang GTR and put it on the Saleen S281SC so I wouldn't lose the Mustang.

• 2 months later...