We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Going away for 2 weeks, hope you won't miss me! [UPDATE]

The Queen

I would hate to go away and not tell everyone beforehand. ;)

Well this is my only holiday for 2 years as we couldn't afford to go away anywhere last year due to house issues.

Anyway I leave on Saturday 6th June for 2 weeks in Poole, South England at roughly 6am, getting up at 5am. However I won't be joining my parents down in Poole as I have other plans for the start of the 2 weeks. I will however be dropped off in Winchester and my friend will come and pick me up and I will be staying with him until Tuesday. This is mainly because my parents wouldn't offer to take me to the event I wanted to visit. So Saturday will be spent mainly in the car and I am also planning on visiting Romans International (http://www.romansinternational.com) if all goes to plan.

I will then sleep over at my friends house and will be up at 5am the next day to meet up with various owners at a gathering in Guildford, ready to make our way to the Goodwood Supercar Breakfast Meet and with the theme of the meet being "Supercars" i'm expecting a lot of exotica to be present. Not sure about the rest of the day but i'm sure it will be exciting.

The next day will be spent in London with a 'highly important member'(:D) on this forum "Speedtouch", which we organised more than a month ago with me getting the train into London and him meeting me somewhere there. Should be a good day for cars as we plan to visit some areas of London including The Dorchester Hotel and Harrods in Knightsbridge and obviously other places (If anybody has any suggestions please post). We hope to also visit some places to see some Landmarks so the day is not just going to be car related. We will then part and go our own ways after the day has ended.

The day after this I will travel with my friend down to Poole where he will spend a couple of days and I will be left down there with the hope of going to see some of the sights of Dorset including Lyme Regis and Lulworth Cove. I'm unsure what else my parents have planned but it should be good fun.

I then plan on doing a second London trip the following week before I go home either on my own or with someone else which is still undecided.

I will be taking my camera and possibly my other camera, my dad's laptop with which to edit my photos when boredom sets in and a 1TB external HDD which I bought to store the photos I take on so that I have enough space to take the shots I require. I know that is a lot but I will also use it as an external harddrive at home so it won't just have one purpose.

I have also been told theres going to be a Playstation 3 in the apartment we are staying in which is situated a five minutes walk from Pool Harbour. I'm not sure if I will be able to go online or what not but will definitly try it out providing that information is correct. ;)

I hope to get many photos during the trip and will show everybody when I return and hope the weather is nice to us.

Just to let you know I most probably won't have any internet access during the trip but I think thats a good thing because holidays are a way to get a break from the computer, right?

So I guess you'll see me in two weeks time, don't do anything stupid. ;)

Well I have just got my London map sorted. :D

Will be visiting both the Mayfair and Belgravia area and should see some really good stuff. Thanks to the many people on MSN for the hints and tips for where to go etc.. :D

Mayfair - Dorchester Hotel etc...

Mayfair.jpg

Belgravia - Harrods etc...

Belgravia1.jpg

This will be some walk but if it's gonna allow me to see lots of nice cars then it will be well worth it.

I have also gone and ordered two extra 4GB cards ontop of the 16GB that I have and will also be taking a 40GB Photobank with which I can slot the cards in that are full and put the pictures onto that so I can take even more hopefully, while using another card in the camera. I will also have three Lithium Ion's with me that should last me the whole day with the camera on all the time. I will also be taking my other camera (Canon Powershot S3 IS) just in case I don't have enough to take and will have batteries for that etc... so I should be fine. ;)

Ordered the tickets for my second London trip which will be on Saturday 13th Junewhich is apparently the best day for cars so that should be good and will be collecting them at Poole Station because they may not come in the post in time.

I am definitly excited, thats for sure! :D

Still have one last exam which is Friday Afternoon so it's probably going to be hectic getting studying done AND packing for the holiday so will probably not be on here much. Should be back at least once but wish me luck anyway. ;) :p

Now we know where you are going to be, i'll have your equipment, just a heads up, don't post too much as you never know, and secondly have an amazing time.

Well have fun walking around trying to bump into me. I might not even go to all those places plus I won't be at any one place at a specific time and London is huge not small. So I wouldn't worry about it. ;)

You should go to Camden Market! Lots of interesting, and cheap, clothes there. *Sigh* not been down to London for a while... Have fun! :thumbsup:

Why does nobody come to Aberdeen...? Oh yeah, it's a bit rubbish...

Why does nobody come to Aberdeen...? Oh yeah, it's a bit rubbish...

I have been to Aberdeen often. Oh it's not rubbish, it's full of Lamborghini's and Zonda's. ;)

I have made another map plus one in photoshop to show Davey where about everything is. :p

Smaller, more detailed section of the Belgravia map.

Belgravia.jpg.jpg

Westminster.

Westminster.jpg

And heres the map of the whole area with all the smaller areas clearly labeled I made for Davey. Just note we get off at Waterloo station. ;)

LondonMapforDavey.jpg