We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

24 Heures du Mans 2009

Car Freak

So the 2009 Le Mans race is starting in a few hours, and since I now have EuroSport, I finally have access to the thing! Watched the Legends race just now and I found it so much nicer to watch than the Le Mans qualifying yesterday. Was such a joy seeing all the cars squirming and wriggling under braking, then drifting and oversteering out of the corners. A number of close battles up and down the field, particularly for the lead. Race was won in the end by a Ferrari 250LM.

Anyway, I want to ask you guys, particularly the European members, as I'm sure you've watched it a number of times before: How do you watch a live 24h sporting event? Obviously I can't be sitting in front of the TV the whole time, can I? Which are the better moments to watch? How much of my Sunday should I devote to this? What do the rest of you usually do?

I just leave it on and check it every few hours, catch a a few highlights of the crashes etc. I normally sit and watch it for an hour as the sun sets and it heads into the night as there is something really appealing about that period of the race to me, don't know why. While it is a fabulous event there is no way I could watch all 24 hours of it, it would be too boring.

To be honest I have hardly watched it this year what with work and been busy with other things but from what I have wtched its been pretty good.

I'm happy though because Peugeot are 1&2 which is what I wanted so I'm not complaining :thumbsup:.