We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PC vs Xbox 360

sycles

Which system is better?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which system is better?

I have been playing video games on my PC with a new video card and more memory (2G) now since January. Unfourtunatley, almost every one of the games I played on it had problems. I'm now looking into the Xbox 360, but I don't know a whole lot about it. Here's a few questions that I have:

1. Would it be better to buy a new video card and keep playing on PC or get an Xbox 360?

2. What's better about each system than the other one?

3. What games do you recommend to get (besides games with a lot of violence)?

Thanks in advance!

Depends, PC can take better graphics, but then the 360 is cheaper and you know for sure it can play any 360 game.

Fan boy war will start here, beware :rolleyes:

I'd say 360. The cheaper option :cheeky:

As for gaming, most games are similar on 360 and PC.

Fist off all you got a low end gaming rig, so i'm not surprised that you issues with game (performance).

1. I suggest buying a complete new system, since your processors isnt really fast either.

PC:

- You can upgrade your pc

- Mods for game's are avaible

- Better graphiqs

Xbox:

- Cheap

- "exclusives" like GTA IV dlc, forza motorspot etc...

- controller (one off the best controllers on a console)

I should go for the pc, but that's just my opinion :)

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention: My cousin can give me his Xbox 360 for free, and then I just need to buy a hard drive.

Would I be able to plug in my Logitech MOMO Force Feedback wheel for the PC into a Xbox 360 and use it?

wow, I wished I had a cousin like that.

Anyway: I'd say PC. The whole reason why I invested my money on the video cards is because I thought that it was more economical to keep a standard video card which plays almost every 360 game on my PC. I had a normal Xbox back then and had to sell it cause it stopped producing games for it because it was off production line. Which will happen to the 360 also, you'll have to keep upgrading your console to get new games while the PC only requires video cards, and maybe memories. Here in my country, it's cheaper to do it that way, don't know about there though.

Right 360 FTW! but im a fanboy so :p

i got a uber high end pc and whilst its cool and the graphics are awsome i still prefer the xbox, i play onlin on pc and well its.... boring.

yea i can "mod" but.... i cba, really not that great, imo my computer is for grapichs and work, and my xbox is for nerdy gaming sesh'

i left xbox live thinkin pc would fill the gap but im going back simply coz im bored of PC games, maybe things will change when i get a G25 but for now the xbox 360 gets my vote

Ps i like how the PS3 isnt included in the poll lol :thumbsup:

Ps i like how the PS3 isnt included in the poll lol :thumbsup:

Yeah, I thought it was so expensive and I really didn't think I needed all the fancy stuff.

And it seems like many of the newer games aren't being made available on PC, tell me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, I thought it was so expensive and I really didn't think I needed all the fancy stuff.

And it seems like many of the newer games aren't being made available on PC, tell me if I'm wrong.

Pc games are usually released alittle later, as for the PS3 its not coz of the price, its just plain rubbish, i sold mine to my brother lol

Thanks to the pc there are consoles. And i cant think off many new games that arent avaible for the pc.

On a PC dominated forum this thread is only ever going to go one way.

I prefer the Xbox as a personal preference. The PC offers more to the hardcore gamers in the form of affordable upgrades, but XBox is better for casual gamers.

Xbox gives you a simple online experience on a service used by over 17m people.

Hopefully that stayed clear of upsetting any of the PC die hards.

Lets put it this way - Without PC, there wouldn't be console.

What are console games designed on? PC

What exactly is a console? PC with an in-house Operating System

What's in a console? Disk Drive / Hard Drive / Processor / Motherboard / Memory / GFX Card

Need I say more :)

Lets put it this way - Without PC, there wouldn't be console.

What are console games designed on? PC

What exactly is a console? PC with an in-house Operating System

What's in a console? Disk Drive / Hard Drive / Processor / Motherboard / Memory / GFX Card

Need I say more :)

No one mentioned there not being one or the other, which do you think is the best.

yes consoles come fro pc's however everything evolves which do u like more an ferrari or a skoda? they came from the same idea ;)

Well, it seems like everyone thinks PC is better, but honestly I've had enough of trying to fix all of my problems with it and I'm not going to buy a whole new computer. Also, what 360 games are the best ones?

I didn't see anyone answer about the momo wheel on the 360. IT DOES NOT WORK.

i find that I LIKE TDU BETTER ON THE PC than on the 360. I would say these games are the best, of all the demo's i have played of other ones:

RACING:

Forza 2 (3 is coming out in Octubre)

PGR 3/4

Need For Speed Most Wanted

Shooting:

GEARS OF WAR 1 OR 2 (LOADS of gore, some swearing)

Far Cry 2

FEAR 2

I know you said games without gore and stuff but pretty much all shooting games have it these days :)

Also if you wanted to have a puzzle sort of game you could try Viva Pinata. It looks stupid, but i found it was really fun.

I didn't see anyone answer about the momo wheel on the 360. IT DOES NOT WORK.

i find that I LIKE TDU BETTER ON THE PC than on the 360.

I was just about to ask about the MOMO. That's too bad, because I just got it for my birthday in May. I have TDU on the PC also, so I guess it wouldn't be worth it to buy it for the 360.

Does anyone have some information about Xbox 360 online play and the 360 in general?

Well, as it has been stated before, PC has better graphics, but the 360 is cheaper. I find there is a better experience with the 360. When i play on my pc (a shooter) it just doesnt really fell like i am engaged in the game, where as with the 360 i do. I would say get the 360 and just use the pc for work, internet etc..

As for online play you get Xbox Live Silver for free, allowing you to download MOST demo's, video's, and MOST game add-ons.

Xbox Live Gold allows you to access all of the above, but allows you to play online. Gold for one year costs $90 Australian dollars, about 45 British Pounds.

YOU CAN ONLY PLAY ONLINE IF YOU HAVE GOLD!

I tried using the momo racing wheel on my 360 and it doesn't work.. Thats how i know.

YOU CAN ONLY PLAY ONLINE IF YOU HAVE GOLD!

Thats a good point and it costs £40 a year or so. Games are also mainly more expensive on console. I personally prefer the PC as I like having a mouse and keyboard for games other than driving games as it gives you more control and I have gone off my 360 for some reason, the computer tends to give me more enjoyment for gaming, but i'm sure I will return to it at some stage.

Just my 2 cents. :cheeky:

When i play on my pc (a shooter) it just doesnt really fell like i am engaged in the game, where as with the 360 i do.

I agree with that. When I started PC gaming, it didn't feel like I was really playing a video game. I like playing with a TV and a gaming system more. Also (I know this is like my 10th question:D), but what do you need a hard drive on the 360 for?

You need it for saving all the things you can download like Demos and videos. Also you can 'install' a game to the hard drive so it doesn't use your disk drive, this gives a quieter (trust me, without doing this is as noisy as a F1 car) and the laser in the cd drive won't be strained, thus lasting longer. But remember, you play off the HDD, but you MUST put the disk in before playing the game for it to verify you have the disk and you aren't just getting your friends' games and installing them, without actually paying for them.