We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Europe Vs North America

Jacob

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Because a Caddy is a million miles away from the quality of a Rolls Royce. Caddy have been playing catch up to the likes of BMW for years.

Obviously you haven't seen the new Cadillac's, because, by the way their quality improved, so much, that a german auto magazine, rated the CTS-V better than an M5, or an E63 AMG!

If they wanted to, or if GM had enough money, i'm shure they would build a car even better than a Phantom, wich is alsoby the way, an redressed BMW!

Couple of flaws with your argument there: I haven't read that article, but I'm pretty sure they like the CTS-V more than the other two because it's a better performance car, and it's more value for money, not because it was better built. Also, while the Phantom uses some BMW running gear (mainly the engine), that bit about it being a re-dressed BMW is stretching it. As far as I know, the Phantom rides on a bespoke chassis, handmade at their factory in Goodwood, West Sussex, England

The Phantom shares about 30% of its parts with the 7-Series, they are related, but not 100% alike. and some of those parts are stuff like Air Con or Wiring Harness. and Cadillac sucked in the 80's, 90's and early 2000's, it wasn't until now that they are finally catching up. cars like the Cimarron and Catera almost killed the brand.

Anyway...

North America: Eagle Talon Tsi AWD

800px-Eagle_Talon_TSi_2G.jpg

Europe: Fiat Coupe 2.0 20V Turbo

229873277.jpg

I'll go with the Fiat Coupe, its faster and I like the looks more.

Note: The Eagle Talon IS a rebadged eclipse the americans have been involved with the development. I also know it isn't the best comparison.