We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Logitech G27

ScaR

Guest turbo lag

I'm happy with my G25, no need to replace it. If it does die, however, I might think about buying it. But I doubt my G25 is going to die any time soon.

Guest turbo lag

What the fail? Where did you find one RRP for $600? That's insane. Got mine from DickSmith, for $250 brand new, and that was about a year ago.

I bought my G25 off ebay 2 years ago for $250AUD brand new also. Dick smith were having wierd prices last year on a number of products (G51 speakers @ $120AUD)

Unless the G27 has any outstanding features, definitely will not be enticing me. There are many better wheels on the market (if you're looking to spend up big) but for the price the g25 is worth it ;)

not really, the only thing that goes above the G25 is the fanatec and it's unreliable and barely better at all

No there is actually plenty of better wheels out there on the market then these two. As I said, you need big money for these though as even the pedal sets are more expensive than the g25 was originally. That said these wheels are aimed at "professionals"; while the g25 is aimed at "semi-professionals"

If it also gonna cost 200 quids like the old one, it's rubbish. 4 extra buttons and a rev led bar is so far from being enough to defend the new edition.

And what about sequental/Hmode switch button? It's gone, seq.mode led indicator is also gone, so what's the story?

What I think they got to do with a new version to make me want it:

- cordless

- far better shifter unit, this one is utter....luckily I'm very careful with it so I didin't brake it already

- few more buttons would be ok but I'm quite satisfied with how many old one has. I mean how many buttons do u need to drive a car? It's not meant to be used in GTA or something...

If this really is a new Logitech wheel, I think I'll save some extra quid and go for one of Fanatec's babies, when the old one passes away, of course...

Seems like change for the sake of change.

I suspect if my G-25 breaks I'd just look for a used one especially since I use my SST shifter and once I get CST pedals the G-27 will just not be that appealing since all I'd use would be the wheel. I also noticed that the sequential appears to be gone and I use my G-25 shifter in sequential as a handbrake.

But I agree that the left over G-25s will go even lower and that would be good for those that don't have one.

I don't see the Fanatec as much competition as it seems it's taking a while to catch on beyond "vdeo games", though the good there is that it IS the only real competition for the G-25/7.

I started with a used DFP and when I got my G-25 got what the hype was about. But I wonder now if future buyers of the G-27 will be told by their advisors to find a left over G-25 or buy a used one. Though I also looked for a used G-25 when I bought mine and found people were asking more for a used one then I could buy a new one for!!

And yes, the Frexx is in a whole different league. So far, I'm not so sure I'd get one if HAD the cash as I haven't seen a real review yet. Last videos they had it was squealing and sounding like someone was killing birds in it!

So, for the money, the G-27 and Fanatec are IT.

Above that is ARC's G25-E but they're still starting out and working on shipping etc.

Above THAT of course is the Frexx, but again, EXTREMELY expensive and dealing with them could be interesting as I suspect from their site, they may or may not speak a lot of English..

So basically G27 is G25 with better and quieter gears and slightly quieter/stronger shifting unit. Maybe the should've called it G25- Night Edition...:D

...but lack of sequential shifting mode is completely hideous.

The only thing coming on my mind why they banned it is because they wanted to make the shifter more durable. If so, please make a separate seq shifter like Fanatec did. :oook:

So basically G27 is G25 with better and quieter gears and slightly quieter/stronger shifting unit. Maybe the should've called it G25- Night Edition...:D

...but lack of sequential shifting mode is completely hideous.

The only thing coming on my mind why they banned it is because they wanted to make the shifter more durable. If so, please make a separate seq shifter like Fanatec did. :oook:

true but, they got rid of the sequential because the g25 shifter needed little resistant to shift, with the sequential gone, the shifter feels more real than the g25 because the shifting has more resistance and doesnt make that wierd sound :D