We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza 3 demo coming September 24th!

superhyper

All in all I think they've done a good job on it. You probably were only faster while drifting because you had the AI on low or medium. Having said that, high AI is still crap. First race I did I had all the settings off, clutch and hard AI and I won.

I hope they ramp up the AI with a patch after release.

It's not amazing imo, it will be a good game but imho it's starting to lack more and more as a sim-racer. It's still overly smooth and the grip has improved somehow, it's quite strange sometimes how the car doesn't break out on you though there are realistic natural instances of this too.

Graphics, well they are good but there's something very not right about them, I think it's because they look more like a cartoon in places. Cockpit view is alright, you don't really get the visceral impact of other games and this is where I feel that FM3 lacks; feedback to the driver/player. The only impacts you feel on the track are the parts where the track dips sharply, some corners in real life take a car round by itself due to the camber or the entry into the corner, there is one instance in this demo I could see this happening and yet it doesn't. Get a wheel on the grass in a high bhp RWD and it would usually result in a slight to total loss of control but in FM3 the grass and dirt is like tarmac itself.

The main thing I find annoying though is the somewhat over abundance of grip and the easy nature in which you can drive the Racing Porsche.

Like I said it's a good game, how it will fair in the aspects that used to matter is a different thing altogether.