We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Bugatti Galibier

CarMadMike

Probably one of the most anticipated new cars, the new bugatti, which was dubbed the "Bordeaux" but it's now been released just before Frankfurt tomorrow. It's called the Galibier (After a difficult Apline pass along the Tour de France)

bugatti-galibier.jpg

"

One of the Galibier's most striking features is undoubtedly its two-tone outer shell, which is comprised of both polished aluminum for the doors and front fenders and a unique dark blue carbon fiber weave that shines through when illuminated. We also note a prominent center spine that recalls past Bugattis like the Type 35 and the classically beautiful Type 57.

Powering the Galibier concept will be a version of Bugatti's ridiculously powerful eight-liter W16 powerplant. Unlike the mill propelling the Veyron to ludicrous speed, this version is mounted up front and is capable of running on ethanol fuel, which may or may not allow the automaker to squeeze a few more ponies out of the engine... not that it needs it, of course.

Current reports peg the Galibier's top speed at 217 miles per hour (350 kilometers per hour), which, while slower than the Veyron's epic terminal velocity, is certainly nothing to sneeze at. Check out our gallery of high-res images below."

Gallery

Source: Autoblog

Hmmh, i'm not too fond of the front of it quite yet, i'm sure it'll grow on me though.

One question, why? We already have the best 4 door sports car ever : Porsche Panamera. I don't see why do we need a 350 km/h car...And why is Bugatti going the same way as most companies (aka Maserati, Mercedes, Porsche) and making 4-door saloons?

I don't know if you have forgotten but Bugatti have done 4 door cars in their past ;)

As for the porsche, i would say this is on a different level.

I like it! It looks brilliant!

And i don't think the Panemera should ever have the word best describing it. And its not really in the same class? Think more Phantom or Mulsanne?

Panamera = the best 4 door sports car at the market at the moment. Phantom...hmm...can it do 300 km/h? I bet Panamera Turbo can. ;)

Speed isn't everything. Although i do quite like the panamera, i'd take the Quattroporte over it anyday.

I agree with mark, the panamera isn't in this class, the Galibier is alongside the phantom, the new silver ghost, and the mulsanne.

I never talked just about speed. The point of this Bugatti imo is to be the fastest 4-door car. And as speed isn't the decisive factor, I would take atleast 2-3 Panameras (on the price of one Galibier) any day. :) I'll stop mentioning the Panamera in this thread now and let you admire the next UAE favourite car. ;)

The point of this Bugatti imo is to be the fastest 4-door car.

Completely disagree, As with the veryon i think this it's an engineering feat. They've done everything in excess and have made it work. I don't think this is something that is meant to go on the track, this is something that is meant to get you from A to B as fast as possible and as luxuriously as possible, Which is exactly what it does.

One question, why? We already have the best 4 door sports car ever : Porsche Panamera. I don't see why do we need a 350 km/h car...And why is Bugatti going the same way as most companies (aka Maserati, Mercedes, Porsche) and making 4-door saloons?

Mercedes has always been building 4 door cars, they started as a luxury brand and still are.... :rolleyes:

imo, it looks like a Panamera with a Bugatti front end.

But I like this more, but both aren't THAT good imo.

I would rather have a Quattroporte, S65 or S8

The Interior of this is beautiful though

I quite like this too. Especially that spine thingy... loving how it even goes through the windows, which appear to be almost seamlessly joined into the body.

The boot/trunk is a bit odd looking and the rear light cluster looks a bit unfinished. They just end suddenly at the boot lid which makes it all look a bit weird.

edit: And those wing mirrors look massive. I wonder if they work as sails to help it turn?!

Works now...

Anyway Koeni, IMO the Porsche is too fussy in its details. It's trying too much to look like the 911, and that simply does not work for a 4dr. Also, because of the long roofline (notice that it extends all the way to over the rear wheels, compared to before it, if it was a regular 4dr with a boot) dropping away to the rear bumper so quickly, with no windows or anything to break up the bare metal surface, coupled with the really low rear bumper, the back end of it looks very heavy and hunched over, a bit like the Chrysler Crossfire. In fact, come to think of it, the Panamera does like a stretched Chrysler Crossfire!

The Bugatti does look better, but only just, and i think it's down to its much simpler design. Doesn't have so many odd creases and vents everywhere (something the Porsche designers obviously used to make their car look less slab-sided. Hasn't worked). What the Bugatti lacks though is cohesion. That short, high rump doesn't match at all to the long, low, almost stately front end. The rear, and particularly the rear bumper are too high up, and, again, the long roof doesn't help