We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Bugatti Galibier

CarMadMike

I don't like either of them! The Porsche is a great car but it's proportions are awkward and the 997 shape doesn't work. At least with the Cayenne it wasn't quite so close to the 911. The Bugatti too isn't a looker, I really don't like the whole two tone thing with the chrome.

The only one of these super Saloons (excluding Germany) that works and looks decent is the Maserati Quattroporte. Should the Rapide ever show up that too will work.

the profile of both the pan and the buggatti are similar, but the bug carries itself as a car on its own, sharing certain veyron design points, the porka is just a 911 with a fat arse. the back of it looks like a genuinely nice place to be, with normal shaped windows, rather than the curvy crap that the porsche has

Looking at the shape of it, i think there would be room for a LWB model with a boot, it would fit the rest of the car.

• 1 month later...

Bugatti invited us to the first unveiling of its new 16C Galibier Concept on U.S. soil at a special event in Southern California last week. While we have all seen the press images from its debut in Molsheim last month, the select in-person preview gave us an excellent opportunity to talk with Bugatti about the concept, scrutinize the vehicle up close, and to actually spend some time sitting inside the passenger cabin.

The first modern four-door from Bugatti is absolutely striking in the flesh. Introduced as the automaker's first modern four-door sedan, the 16C Galibier Concept is a close look at what the production 16C Galibier will resemble when it goes on sale in about three years (with a sales price estimated to be about $1.6 million). While it's engineered to be a sedan without peers – and we have no reason to question Bugatti's ability to accomplish this objective – the mechanical aspects of the Galibier will have to take a back seat to its design until the production model arrives in 2012.

In this rarefied automotive segment, the utilitarian value of the vehicle is absent. Vehicles are purchased for their design – that physical aura – and their historical distinction. Performance is expected. Understanding the connection, Bugatti chose a prestigious Beverly Hills gallery to host the event. After a brief introduction, the fabric cover hiding the concept was removed. Follow the jump to find out our reaction.

Gallery:Bugatti 16C Galibier concept

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/09/bugatti-16c-galibier-concept-first-look/#continued

8 exhausts at the back, hideous lights at the front, 8-speed transmission, seriously over-priced. Jeez, that really is an exclusive car for Arab cocks, only they can give so much money for such thing.

+ 1 You're spot on there Koeni! I can't believe how accurate you were. It is made for the Middle East because it's what they'd do in customising, but it's all done for them!

E: Maybe later..

Why using so many complicated words to try to convince anyone it's a good-looking car. It's a Panamera rip-off with powerful engine and Bugatti interior...

Looks like you've forgotten that Bugatti had two four-door saloon concepts in the nineties.....(EB 218, EB118).....the Galibier is the third, and best looking four-door that Bugatti has ever made, it certainly isn't a Panamera rip-off, because the Galibier is just another league........the RR Ghost is, by my opinion the only car that is able to compare with the Galibier......The Panamera is a hideous car.....it looks from the front as a Porsche, from the rear to, but they lost it in the middle.....that's how i see the Panamera, whereas the Galibier is perfect from any angle, also the love to details is also amazing.......just look at the design of the front lights, then there is the paintwork, and the bonnet.....just amazing!