We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Pointless cars

T1M

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good NOT GOOOD!

This car is really .. I don't konw .. !?

Not good? ^^

@Calleman

Ähm the R8 (V10 or V8) isn't supercharged.

^^ i was spending 10 min tinking of another supercharged car than the S7 but apperently i am slow minded :D

But atleast admit that my idea was good :) (Not stolen from Top Gear... ;))

Whats wrong with an Escalade?

It has the word "Hybrid" proudly put on the side of it...:facepalm:

The only reason they keep it is because they sell, like redvette/pinkbeetle said earlier, the hybrid is to get the tree huggers to shut up.

Actually, the main reason is that if your name is Paris Hilton and you want to have a big SUV, which makes you feel powerful (doh!) but you still want to show to the whole world, that you do care about the nature's future, you can get one of these and go to the first party you get invited in it, so medias can see you drive a hybrid and write about it everywhere...

Hybrids are the worst stop gap in automotive history. I don't think people want to hear my hydrogen > Diesel > Full Electric > Petrol > Hybrid rant though.

Well to be honest its not as bad as bio-fuels.

As to pointless cars, mmm, how about any concept car?

Bio fuels are better than hybrids by far!

science teaches us that elements can neither be created or destroyed, using oil grown from plants means that the carbon from the plants is being released into the air that it came from, wheras traditional fuel is carbon that has been under the ground for millenia, and emitting it from an exhaust imbalances the ratio of carbon in the atmosphere. if we could create biodiesel/ethanol efficiently enough then we wouldnt run out of it.

Hybrids however run on petrol, so that's already exhausting a limited resource, and then you have the process of creating it, which requires obscure elements that have to be mined and shipped from across the earth. (I can't remember where I read it but due to the complex manufacture you could buy a Grand Cherokee and a prius, and only after 3 years would they reach the same carbon footprint because of the carbon used in manufacture)

also they're twice as expensive as diesels, and most diesels (particularly VAG ones) will take veggie oil natively. (infact, the original patent was designed to run on peanut oil)

I personally am waiting for Hydrogen

• 2 weeks later...