We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Cars That You Have Been Driven In.

Jacob

My parent's friends just got a 2007 Mercedes E350, black on black with black wood accents in the interior. It was a huge surprise for me, because I had been helping them look for their car for a month or two. Their previous options were the following:

BMW Z4 (they seemed very enthusiastic about this one)

Mini Cooper S (they liked it, but tried the following and decided they liked that more...)

2008 Bullit Mustang (they almost bought this one, but the dealer was being a pain and wasn't budging, so as the waited and went back and forth they found the Merc.)

The previous owner of the E350 must have spec'ed it up all the way. Of course, an E-Class has tons of equipment anyway, but there's a lot there (sat nav, infinite Serius/XM subscription, etc.). Oh, and I can really feel the difference of the "pressure engineered" buttons - the feel really is perfect. :lol:

At one point in the ride we hit a rather substantial speed that I won't mention, and it felt like we going 50. Really impressive by luxury standards, even though it is the mid-range Merc. :)

-Leadfoot

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll post 2-3 best IMO:

R8 V8, mom's friend.

599GTB, F430, SLR-722 friend of my dad.

Astin Martin v8 Vantage, my friend's dad...

I've been driven in others too but cba remembering :p I know it's not the best, but I've enjoyed every second of the ride :o

• 3 months later...
Guest max1980good

Privat Car's :

1994 Mercedes E Class e36 AMG station (dad's car)

1971 Mercedes Benz 350 SL ( it was the 20'th car that was build) (also dad's car)

2004 BMW M3 Serie Convertible (mom's car)

1982 Jaguar XJ 12 Sovereign (dad's car)

Car's that my dad review :

the new Jaguar XJ

The new BMW 7 Serie

The new S Class ( facelift model )

The new W212 E63 AMG

A little while I went to a family reuinion (actually, it was a funeral for my great-grandmother, but she lived to be 100.5, so it wasn't exactly sudden), and guess what? I have a long lost uncle that races Mercedes-Benz's! Who knew? :D

He was bored during the post-funeral "very long talk/service" thing (don't know what it's called), so we snuck out and he gave me a ride in the SLK350 he had with him. It was in Long Island NY, and they have these highway on-ramp traffic lights that go red if you can't go, and green if it's clear - those were great fun! :D He takes that particular car to a bunch of autocross events, but he also owns two classic Mercs (one a racer, one street, but I didn't hear what they were) and an old MG.

Was a lot of fun. I know it's small peanuts for all of you with your "oh, yeah, got a ride in a SuperFerrariLamboKoenigseggAstonDBSCCXR599Scuderia the other day," but in traffic on a quick ride with the top down, an SLK350 is very fast and very fun.

Oh, and he's also driven every AMG product (yes, CLK63 Black Series and SL65 Black Series included) except the SLS, which he has probably driven by now.

-Leadfoot

went for a ride in a 32 ford roadster pickup as part of a local bars cruise night the guy had built the car up from parts and as we were going a cross the harbor bridge he gunned it and passed a camaro and a cadillac coupe which both had bigger engines :) and when we got back I had a look at the rego tag and It said it was a 32 Ford Model A :)

• 4 weeks later...

only 4 for me..

2005 Mustang GT wit a ford GT motor/tranny & sum other stuff. 570BHP :eek2:

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins wit one hell of a turbo in... omg loud.

1971 Mustang Boss witha 427 Cobra in. Ever seen a mustang do a full blown wheelie & be (sortof) street legal? :D 870+ hp

and last a plain-ol 2005 S281 convertable

• 2 weeks later...
;351134']You are unbelievably lucky! :thumbsup: How long was the drive?

-Leadfoot

Like less than 5 minutes lol. But it was totally worth it :D

For someone who has never driven a vehicle with a double-clutch transmission, it was very different lol. At low RPMs the whole vehicle wanted to shake real bad. But despite being that low to the ground, it rode like a dream. I was shaking when I got out of it as you can imagine. Going directly from a 302hp truck into a 560hp supercar is not something done easily lol. The whole car just makes you feel special though. The engine sound is indescribable. As soon as you push the start button, the mirrors automatically adjust, and doors lock, and the steering wheels slowly lowers down into your lap as if you say, "Hello :)" lol.

It is truly something that I will never forgot lol.

I have really only been on 1 thing special (But to you, it's probably not):

-taoWPc14D8UKtIUNzqwmgt-vZk0bVRh (It's a Ford Fairmont, and the one I was in was a Taxi)

My Crap List

1984 Toyota Corona CS

1994 Holden Commodore Acclaim

1995 Ford Falcon GLi

2000-2002 Ford Falcon Ute

2009 Toyota Corolla somethingorrather

2007 Ford Falcon XT (This last one is special to me 'cos it has Velour and front Power Windows, and compared to the other cars I've listed, it's a Benz)

• 1 month later...

Ive driven in :

2011 Shelby GT500

http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w339/bullitggt/Photo-0231.jpg

1994 Acura Intergra (my cousins)

http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w339/bullitggt/Photo-0010.jpg

1999 Ford Mustang GT (my baby)

http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w339/bullitggt/my%20baby/40600003JPG.jpg

On my trip to europe this summer I got to drive:

2010 Audi A5 3.0 TDI

http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w339/bullitggt/Photo-0150.jpg

This one im most proud of :thumbsup:

2006 Aston Martin Vantage

http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w339/bullitggt/Photo-0195.jpg

^I'd be happier driving in a 2011 Shelby GT500 then in a aston :cheeky:

To tell you the truth it was a close battle :rolleyes:

But just the way the Aston greets you, with the amazing build quality, the Power, Beauty, Soul display on the dash, and the way you fit perfectly into the seat.. I was sold before I even started lol.

If you ever get a chance to drive an Aston, do it, by all means. You won't be disappointed :cool:.

To tell you the truth it was a close battle :rolleyes:

But just the way the Aston greets you, with the amazing build quality, the Power, Beauty, Soul display on the dash, and the way you fit perfectly into the seat.. I was sold before I even started lol.

If you ever get a chance to drive an Aston, do it, by all means. You won't be disappointed :cool:.

Ok ok ok :p but you know.. my heart will always beat for the american muscles <3

:lol: