We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Xbox Autumn Dashboard Update Preview (Facebook, Twitter etc)

t.

As Microsoft usually does prior to Dashboard updates they have allowed users to sign up to preview the up coming Dashboard update before it is released as a console update.

To register your interest hit the link below

http://connect.microsoft.com/XboxLIVEUpdate

It's just a case of answering a few questions. My only advice would be to answer honestly. They are looking for testers across the board so if you have 2mb connection and a 26" TV say so, rather than pretending you have a 20mb line and a 42" LED TV.

You will need a Microsoft connect account but that's easy enough to set up once you get to the site. For those of you who took part in the Avatar Store beta a little while back you should already have accounts.

I got no email, but mine updated a few hours ago.

Facebook is pretty cool, but limited only to status updates and photo's. No way of wall posting or even sending messages. :(

Not tried twitter yet or Zune...

edit 1: Zune also looks pretty decent, although from what I can make out its almost exactly the same as the XBL movies section... oh wait it has a few more categories.

-Facebook is... ok.

-Twitter is just Twitter there is nothing to it anyway.

-Last FM is nice but I can't see myself using it much after the novelty wears off.

-Zune.. if there were some videos on it I might be able to judge.

@ Tim, yea a lot of people had the email in their spam folder last time around, you will have been sent one.