We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Modders Only To Post Their Own Mods

T3hReaper91

Now the mod template has been out for some time i think it is ridiculous that people are still not following the mod template even though they have been told.

Here is my suggestion.

The original creator of the mod is the only one allowed to create the original thread...

The reason behind this.

a select few (not mentioning any names but you can guess) have been posting many mods that they did not create! This means they are not using the mod template properly.

The usual errors in the thread

• Where the original model is from
  • Features & Bugs
  • Direct Linking to download links
  • Not filling out the T&C part properly

These are just some of the problems...

With these problems people are not getting the support they need with the mod and can not contact the modder if they have a question or feedback about the mod.

My feeling is that all threads that are not created by the original modder should be deleted then there will not be threads around asking for a download link.

I agree with this soo much.

I do think posting your own mods is really a must. Cause +rep would be given most likely to the poster not the actual creator/converter, aswell the person who posts the mod would not be able to provide technical support if the mod is screwed up somehow.

Or if you look at it the other way, he is saying that people are getting a positive reputation for things they didn't actually do. The poster rather than the modder is receiving the praise and or the +rep. I think that is more what he is getting at.

I Agree.

And let's only post HQ mods. Some people post really crap ones.

I couldn't agree less. Some people still put effort into the mods even if they don't look HQ in the end, so they should still be allowed to post them. And afterall, no one is forcing you to download them?

As for the problems with who created the mod, i think as long as it's clear where the mod came from and who made the mod then it's fine, although most of the time people aren't sure of that, so i'm not totally sure. At the end of the day as long as credit is given then i'm not bothered, it's hardly a massive problem, and as for the rep issue, if the first post does state a different name for the creater, then people are giving the poster rep for making them aware of the mod, as without the poster they wouldn't have found it, so thats not a big issue either.

I couldn't agree less. Some people still put effort into the mods even if they don't look HQ in the end, so they should still be allowed to post them. And afterall, no one is forcing you to download them?

As for the problems with who created the mod, i think as long as it's clear where the mod came from and who made the mod then it's fine, although most of the time people aren't sure of that, so i'm not totally sure. At the end of the day as long as credit is given then i'm not bothered, it's hardly a massive problem, and as for the rep issue, if the first post does state a different name for the creater, then people are giving the poster rep for making them aware of the mod, as without the poster they wouldn't have found it, so thats not a big issue either.

Nevermind, I agree with this instead:D

+rep for Mike.

Modders, however skilled, are releasing mods that they've created. Calling them "crap" or "not as good" is going to be an epic blow for their self confidence.

As for others linking to other modders' mods, I'm both for and against it. For it, because there are a lot of mods that we didn't know about. Against it, because some mods are stolen and being branded as one's own.

I think I could add another prefix into the Released section for [Found] or something akin to that.

Also in regards to lower quality, remember even the greatest start with some of the worst, if we don't allow these people to practice and improve then how will they learn? If you don't like a mod don't download it, simple as that. :)

• 2 months later...

Meh, I disagree with Reaper on most of this stuff, but I would like it if people posted PICTURES of their mods more often. Won't name any names, but a lot of promising mods go ignored because the people who made them habitually neglect to post pictures.

Also in regards to lower quality, remember even the greatest start with some of the worst, if we don't allow these people to practice and improve then how will they learn? If you don't like a mod don't download it, simple as that.

Yeah - have any of you guys seen Tool's first Civic Hatchback? xD Modding in general has come such a long way in the past year or so that being nitpicky is pointless.

Also, +Rep for Mike.