We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car Performance Editor Anyone

dredgy

How many years do you reckon is gonna take for you to post this awesome mod

I dunno, somewhere around 0.019.

what's the point of posting screenshots if you're gonna hang us to dry LOL

Cause I'm a jerk :)

Just have some patience.

@ "performance copier": Cool - that's one of the things that I've wanted for a while.

Refined it a bit during a break today. It is pretty nifty, but after using it, Djey's Modding Tools vehicle manager won't work. The game still works fine with the modded performance though. I shall strive to fix this.

where is the download?

If you're really good at trawling the internet you'll find it. At the moment it's been given to an *extremely* select few (1 person).

Also, please also don't PM me for a download link. I'll most likely not give you one unless your someone I know shall do good by it.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm impressed. That's a great job. +rep for you.

Hopefully it will be released soon. I always play offline and I really would like to have a garage plenty of accurate cars.

And if you Dredgy, Djey and Tool (and maybe others) finally find the way to add more cars and then merge all the tools and utilities in a unic one, that day I will die of pleasure and only will see from the heights how all of you play happy.:nuts:

Status update: A good friend of mine (and coincidentally my web host) has just died and I currently have a bad flu, so pretty much nothing has happened since I last posted. Release is still in a gray area, though I am extending to some more testers today and tomorrow.

Hey mate

sorry to hear about your friend, just to cheer you up:

[read this one with a Russian accent]

Can I interest you in a swap with my beautiful Aussie and US cop car collection?

... So lemme' know if you're done bein' a "jerk" LOL.

These babies are the most realistic police cars for TestDrive Unlimited that I've ever seen. I finished the ozy SES patrol car the other day…

Thanks Martian, but since I have traffic turned off I tend not to get arrested a whole heap. They do look nice though.

I go with adjusted askari kz1 and that doesn't occur dispersal 1.97 maximum speed of 396 km \ch

Yup. Sure. 396kph. That is fast. :p

As long as you do this offline you're all good, but if you do this online you get banned from the TDU server.

Some things you can get away with...drive type etc. But generally, yeah.

the fact that you did this on a plane ride and have been tweaking it over short breaks just blows my mind

Thanks, but tbh it's only a beginner-intermediate project. Less than 280 lines of code. That's with comments.

On the plus side, my commute takes me international on Thursday, so I have a few 10 hour flights to get things done. Which is why I am about to talk about where this is headed:

1. Release. It'll happen, probably within a month as I'm about to do some extensive overhauls. It will also happen here. I've been sick this week and don't plan to have a whole week to myself again until August so have no time to create my own site.Though to alleviate the uhh...rules side of things...I will donate a considerable amount of money over a 3 month period. If Australian police have taught me anything it is that corruption always wins. Plus I want this site to still be here when I'm old and have nothing to do.

2. Features:

Interface Overhaul

The entire interface is going to be changed. Made slightly more modern and feature custom controls. Things like brake and torque balance will be changed from text box values to a sliding bar. Several custom controls may be implemented, but I do want to keep the full download under 1MB.

Name Editor

Am doing this in absence of Djey's Modding Tool's development and to have all your necessary modding under one roof. This will be tightly integrated allowing you to change brand names, the actual brand of the car, as well as model and sub model names and dealerships.

Complete Customisability

I am going to have everything in the database placed on the GUI. That's torque, gearbox intertia, from front ride height to the time it takes for the engine to rev down after ignition.

Performance Packages

The option to download prewritten performance packages from me or others who have too much time on their hand and then load it over another car with the click of a button. I currently have near perfect performance of the Audi R8 and a pretty good one for the Veyron.

3. Bug fixes.

At the moment, the editor does not work unless the megapack is installed. Should be an easy enough fix. And one tester has got an unexplained gamecrash, but I do have the data to delve into this.

Thanks for your patience y'all.

I hope so to. The problem now is that this has to deliver. I can't just release the version I gave to testers...people seem to have built it up too much and will be disappointed when it's not an all in one super automatic tool.

From what I can tell, I've written 250 lines of code, posted some pictures and said some pretty words and some of latest reputation goes something like:

"You are becoming a TDU modding god "

"omg pls let me have ur babiez"

It is a bit to live up to. The project now just feels too simple.

Name Editor

Am doing this in absence of Djey's Modding Tool's development and to have all your necessary modding under one roof. This will be tightly integrated allowing you to change brand names, the actual brand of the car, as well as model and sub model names and dealerships.

Hey mate I have EVERY name linked to its unique DB number if you want for reference... 139 vehicle names and some 65 brands - 100% tested. this also includes all found bugs, repeated tags in various models and names that can't be changed because they are used as file names (Edonis, etc.)

lemme' know if you need it

this is what i was waiting for all this time !

i have only once played TDU online, (first time out of the box )

then i discovered modding , sacrificed the online aspect of the game,

and haven't looked back. if released "legaly" this could bring a whole new aspect to TDU modding, with people exchanging performance files , and trying to make the best and most realistic possible.

-----------------------------------------------

rant over

can't wait

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: great work :excited:

Hey mate I have EVERY name linked to its unique DB number if you want for reference... 139 vehicle names and some 65 brands - 100% tested. this also includes all found bugs, repeated tags in various models and names that can't be changed because they are used as file names (Edonis, etc.)

lemme' know if you need it

You're persistent. I may take you up on it though. Even though I have a database, it would be interesting to see some of the bugs.

Anyway, it's late now. Bed time.

And SVTuner, thanks.

You're persistent. I may take you up on it though. Even though I have a database, it would be interesting to see some of the bugs.

Anyway, it's late now. Bed time.

And SVTuner, thanks.

I reckon the biggest problems with TDU are:

A) No new cars can be added to existing ones

B) Performance limits

you seem to have B pretty much covered; let's see who can kill the beast!

when released?

I'm aiming for December 1st. Try not to quote me on that.

news?

There is some.

Major bug fixed last night, not going to go into what it was, but it caused the game to randomly hang after editing.

Major bug still to be fixed - when importing a performance pack and saving the car you are unable to reload the car unless you close the editor and reopen it.

Also, still have to do the name editor and reogranize the UI a bit.

I'll post a screenshot. I couldn't be bothered to load the car values though, sorry :p