We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car Performance Editor Anyone

dredgy

Been a long while since I last logged on. In the past few months I've done alot of stuff, including driving from Dallas to Vegas in a Ferrari, crashing a Jet Ski on Eagle mountain lake and watching as my businesses and bank balance start to level out again after the downturn.

Anyway, I was commuting from my shop in Melbourne to my home in Brisbane yesterday and I needed something to do on the plane. The obvious answer was to play a game, but doing that on a laptop on a plane is damn near impossible. So out of nowhere I fired up Visual Studio and started to create a performance editor so I could get my Veyron mod slightly more realistic.

I got the bulk of the work done on the plane, but was so obsessed with all the features and that too add to it my Audi somewhat the curb on the drive home from the airport.

I finished it up yesterday and this morning. And was gonna release it, but looking at the rules here it seems performance modding is not allowed. So I may release it on another site. I also discovered Tool has built a new Veyron mod which is epic.

Anyway. Despite the fact this will never be released here, the project is 100% done (though features will be added) and I think it makes as a nice experiment to say the very least.

I really do want to release this and I have some free time from Wednesday...in Sydney tomorrow for a meeting and doing paperwork most of Tuesday and Wednesday, but then I'm free till next Tuesday, so I may get a site up and running if I'm not allowed to release it here.

I'm also thinking of adding a check to see if your save file is online or offline so cheaters can't use it, but it seems like a waste of time to me, since it's easy to get around.

So...screenshots would probably be a good idea right about now.

Since I can't be bothered to post each one, just check out the attachments and tell me what ya think.

And a video, we all love videos (so sorry about the quality, I let WLMM do the work for me):

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers mate. Last time I was on here performance modding was still a while off and I didn't know it was against the rules. Somewhat annoying, since I think most people here would use such an editor for good and not evil. I only ever use TDU offline though, so I dunno if you'd get kicked online for making the modifications.

Meh, I still have a realistic Veyron.

Very good, the programming involved deserve the +rep.

If released on another site i will definitely download it!

Send a message to the admin as they may allow you to post this....

TDU is getting old and i imagine that if you put a warning such as "Playing online with this may get you banned!" they will be fine..

Message Diablo our admin for an answer

Yea so it's against the rules, but there is no denying that you've done a very good job with it. There will be plenty of people grateful of your work and I expect many of them will be from here but for all the a fore mentioned reasons won't be downloading it from here.

Ha! Its pretty funny seeing us Australians are actually doing something for a game. :cheeky: Mods, Sound mods and now a performance editor. Anyways I have come to terms with performance editing now I normally don't like it but it can be fun having real physics, specially for a G25! hopefully TDUC stuff can allow it. :)

Nice work mate! +Rep

Now, the real question is, will this get you a BANZORZ online? (No way in heck am I testing that myself without data beforehand.)

Hope this doesn't fall into n00b hands. This looks awesome and I'd hate to see it abused. Maybe put something in that makes it so you can only move cars up in class, not down, or something like that.

That said, great work. I look forward to its release, even if it won't be allowed here.

Actually, at the risk of being flamed, I agree with that. This actually is *FAR* less objectionable to me than most trainers that already exist for TDU and are widespread by n00bs already.

TDU is getting old and i imagine that if you put a warning such as "Playing online with this may get you banned!" they will be fine..

And, this. Nobody seems to honestly gives a carp about the leaderboards anymore, and the multiplayer races are pretty much empty, as far as I can tell - any damage to be done by such a thing has already been done by trainers, and the game is old enough that this tool may just provide the additional jumpstart that TDU modding needs.

Now, the final step in such a process would be to provide a reliable method of adding new cars to the database, much like 2CV's Bugatti does (or was said to do while it was being developed). Hopefully, added cars would show up as Defaultcars to everyone else online, and not end up with a ban.

The number of online trainers though, there is really no point in a checker. At least this would allow modders to do approximate performance modifications to accompany their cars. Djey's mod tools now let you change the wheel-drive settings, so why not this?

I'd love to cruise around with people in an accurately performing M3 GT2!

now, the final step in such a process would be to provide a reliable method of adding new cars

Working on it. Got it working extremely dodgily (not user friendly at all). It doesn't seem a high priority to me though since I can just replace the performance on an existing car to modify it to what I want. Higher up is releasing a patch that will make the Edonis renamable.

Hope this doesn't fall into n00b hands.

It will if released. But hopefully they'll be minimal. Unlike a trainer here you can't just set the top speed to 1000kph and expect the car to do it - since if the car is too light and lacking downforce, there is nothing pushing it down. It is surprisingly difficult to make a car go more than 500kph+. Which isn't much faster than a tuned McLaren or Koenigsegg.

Ha! Its pretty funny seeing us Australians are actually doing something for a game.

Yup, when we can actually be bothered to something, good nearly always comes.

Djey's mod tools now let you change the wheel-drive settings, so why not this?

I'll be honest - if Djey did do it it would wipe the floor with mine because modding tools just has that somewhat more professional feel to it. He is equipped with all the right stuff to it, I'm assuming he doesn't because of the rules here or his own views on the matter.

As for release, I'll give out to a couple of people who I know will do the right thing by it. If it ever gets a green flag for release I'll chuck on limits to the speed and horsepower your car can have.

Cheers everyone :)

If you want a idea to start on how to add new cars, I strongly suggest looking into the database (where performance is) where it says the filename. Then look at the DB_US.bnk, where you can open it in notepad. The filenames lay in there aswell. Both are linked somehow to read the file name.:) By code that is.

------------------------------------

I did a test to make TDU read new .bnk's, ill try that test again and if it works as I thought then ill give you a detailed description on what I did to trigger the new .bnk :)

I did a test to make TDU read new .bnk's, ill try that test again and if it works as I thought then ill give you a detailed description on what I did to trigger the new .bnk :)
Adding new BNKs result in an epic fail :)

You've already worked with me about the bnk1.map ages ago, and you know new files can't be added for now.

In addition, I've got messages for dredgy and I will find a way to get further altogether. It was about time I can get help on this.

Thanks all. Tool - sounds good.

Worked on it for 10 minutes tonight and came up with a new feature. You load the car you want into the editor and press "Copy Data". You then load another car and press "Paste Data" and save. This swaps performance for cars. Example - I just copied a Murcielago's performance onto a Lexus and then body swapped and renamed to a Lamborghini Reventon. So that way I can keep both my Murcie and Reventon and have accurate data for both.

Screenshot of this is somewhat undramatic (just added 2 buttons) but still...