We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Surprisingly Nice-Looking Cars

Leadfoot[YT]

The concept here is pretty simple. Everyone lists cars that no one really thinks about, but are actually good-looking cars. :)

I'll start with some of these:

Subaru Legacy Wagon - Actually not a bad looking car. A family member of mine has one, and it looks pretty good in real life. Perhaps not from the angle in this picture, but in real life...

review-subaru-legacy-25-gt-limited-wagon-20070530044005063.jpg

Ford Taurus SHO - Saw one of these today (not sure if it was the SHO model, but it was a specced-up one), and they look pretty cool. It was parked next to a Subaru WRX, and it looked really futuristic compared to the "commonly styled" WRX.

2010-Ford_Taurus_SHO.jpg

BMW M3 Sedan - Tons of people criticize the standard 3-series for being Bangled, and from two angles (front/quarter while understeering, for example) the M3 Coupe looks kinda' weird. However, the sedan is amazingly both simple and complex; the hood bulge, the flowing lines, the clean shape. One of my favorite looking cars. :)

image_1c0ea0d0-ae75-480a-868e-6a2e22c33956.arox

Subaru Impreza STI (2009) - Back to Subaru, for a more controversial one this time. Living in a snowy area, I see Subaru's all the time (dozens per day), and I see a bunch of STIs, too. And I must say, in real life, this is a pretty good-looking car. A few messy lines, but with the multi-spoke gold wheels and WRC Mica Blue paint, this thing does look good. :)

subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-20th-anniversary-edition22.jpg

Well, that's it for now. Any "surprisingly good looking" cars you know of?

-Leadfoot

;251370']Everyone lists cars that no one really thinks about, but are actually good-looking cars.

BMW M3 Sedan

Subaru Impreza STI (2009)

You serious? :lol: I mean, from all the cars I don't think about daily, those wouldn't be there. As for me :

Kia Pro Cee'd

Ford Fiesta (Newest one)

Opel Insignia

Subaru Legacy

Audi S4 Avant

:)

I don't know if this counts but I think the Dodge Charger(LX) is one of those.

Most people say its ugly because its a 4 door car and ruins the Charger's heritage. If it had a different name(be it Coronet, Interpid, etc.) people might have a very different view about the car. and it actually does have a bit of Charger in it(V8, RWD, etc.) and there were much worse cars wearing the Charger name. a rebadged Cordoba and a 1980's econobox.(3 Door)

I don't know if this counts but I think the Dodge Charger(LX) is one of those.

Most people say its ugly because its a 4 door car and ruins the Charger's heritage. If it had a different name(be it Coronet, Interpid, etc.) people might have a very different view about the car. and it actually does have a bit of Charger in it(V8, RWD, etc.) and there were much worse cars wearing the Charger name. a rebadged Cordoba and a 1980's econobox.(3 Door)

I Own the car your talking about, and yes it does have some chargery quailtys, Mines only the base model but its still has ALOT of guts surprizingly with its 2.7L V6. If they had called it the interpid, I would probally have shot my self in the head, And about the RWD thing alot of people now choose the expensive!..Yet very safe option of AWD in there chargers ;).

Actually the bumper, Lights and the side is different too (you'll notice a nice curvy design on the side of the insignia) Overall, the insignia is a much better looking car in my opinion, plus the new buick grill's are just disgusting. I still like the lacrosse though, it's still a decent looking car.

Actually the bumper, Lights and the side is different too (you'll notice a nice curvy design on the side of the insignia) Overall, the insignia is a much better looking car in my opinion, plus the new buick grill's are just disgusting. I still like the lacrosse though, it's still a decent looking car.

Thank you for saying everything I had to. :D

May i just correct koenigsegg and myself, the Buick Regal is the brand engineered equivalent of the insignia (Here), the lacrosse must be the car up or something.

I know this is just a concept, but i still think it's a great little car, although i'm sure no one will agree :lol:

peugeot_bb1-concept_f34_09-fr-as_1_717.jpg

I just think it looks loads better than any smart or god forbid G-Wiz equivalent, and should definately make it to production, although it probably won't.

Come to think of it, off of the top of my head i can't think of a recent volvo that is ugly, they're all pleasing to the eye. Even the ones dating back to 2000

2000_volvo_c70.jpg