We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Dredgy: TDU Performance Editor [Car Database 2.1 Released]

dredgy

• Replies 503
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I solved my problems with dredgy's help (I hadn't installed .NET framework 3.5 :D) and started to check the program and its options.

I must say it's awesome. What will I say when I understand what do all data mean?? Probably I'll be wordless.:eek:

You can't rename the Edonis. Or the Ascari. These problems have been around since the dawn of modding. You can change the performance, (and the brand) but not the name.

But actually I have it (Edonis) renamed to Bugatti Veyron 16.4 with Djey's modding tools....How is it?

I have a problem with it. I have the german version and i can edit the files and save it. But when i play the game there are there the original values. For example: i have changed the viper srt10 coupe data. From 500 hp to 450hp. Ingame are there the original values. when i open it again in the performance editor are there again the same values. can you help me?

In short form:

i edit it and TDU overwrite it.

I have a problem with it. I have the german version and i can edit the files and save it. But when i play the game there are there the original values. For example: i have changed the viper srt10 coupe data. From 500 hp to 450hp. Ingame are there the original values. when i open it again in the performance editor are there again the same values. can you help me?

In short form:

i edit it and TDU overwrite it.

Did you save the car and then save data in File menu?

And if you did so, did you configure the editor for german TDU version (GE)?

Ingame are there the original values. when i open it again in the performance editor are there again the same values. can you help me?

Follow that. :) OR go here: http://tdupe.com/guide_configure.htm

If you are not using the English/US version of Test Drive Unlimited, you will need to change TDUPE's locality setting if you wish to be able to use the name editor feature:

1. In your TDUPE directory, open TDUEditor.exe.config with Notepad or a notepad equivalent
    2. In that document, find <value>US</value> and replace it with <value>(Your Locality)</value>.
    3. Save TDUEditor.exe.config and run TDUPE.

Google Translator: For Germany.

Wenn Sie nicht mit der englischen / US-Version von Test Drive Unlimited, müssen Sie zu Ort TDUPE-Einstellung ändern, wenn Sie in der Lage sein, den Namen Editor-Funktion verwenden möchten:

1. In Ihrem TDUPE Verzeichnis, öffnen Sie TDUEditor.exe.config mit Notepad oder einen Notizblock gleichwertige

2. In diesem Dokument finden <value> US </ value> und ersetzen sie durch <Wert> (Ihr Standort) </ value>.

3. Speichern TDUEditor.exe.config und führen TDUPE.

I am hoping for that to translate properly but I doubt it.

sorry, but with the german version it doesn't works. it says that the "DB_de.bnk" file missing. but there are no "DB_de.bnk" but a "DB_ge.bnk. Or have I understood your comment wrong?

Change it to 'GE' should work then. :)

Ive done an example:

<userSettings>

<TDUeditor.Properties.Settings>

<setting name="locality" serializeAs="String">

<value>GE</value>

</setting>

See thats where you put only 'ge' and that should be correct then.

I think Ferrari 246 Dino GT is missing.

It is listed as 'Dino 246 GT' Find that then that should be the ferrari dino. :)

yes the Dino 246 GT is the ferrari Dino

if anyone is interested i've already made some Performance packs i'm willing to share, all based around Tool831's 370Z , GT-R (R33) and the Top secret S15

i'll get them up as soon as i know where or how ;)

* The 33 is based on a real life car better known as the JUN Super lemon (youtube it :thumbsup: )

Editing Car Classes doesn't get you kicked out from Online. I tried test driving a Class C RUF RGT and didn't get kicked, a Class D Shelby Daytona and I got the same results. I also tried raising the DB7's power to 540HP, I test drove it and got kicked.

Guest turbo lag

Wow, works perfectly on my end. I finally managed to create a close impersonation of a ZR1, that's almost all I wanted to do. Thank you dredgy, truly a step forward in TDU modding.

Thank you so much for this! This is a huge milestone in terms of modding TDU. I am SO going to try this out the next chance I get.

I'd +rep, but I think I already gave you rep for something and it won't let me do so again. So, here: :thumbsup:

As a side note:

Does anyone know if stepping HP down will get you kicked? I have a couple more cars I'd like to add, replacing cars more powerful than they are (like a class E replacing a class D or C). If not, ah well, a couple extra HP can't hurt :P

EDIT: Wait, what? It crashes at startup, even though my install directory is not changed and I'm using the US locale. I have, however, installed Patch 1.67D and added names to the database through Djey's tool - will this hinder the tool in any way?

EDIT 2: Reverted to unedited 1.66A database files, didn't help. I'm running Windows XP, and am not going to have "Run as Administrator" problems because this Windows user is an admin. Any help?

EDIT 3: Found the problem. I hadn't installed .NET 3.5 - I only had 2.0 or something. xD Ignore this.

Does anyone know if stepping HP down will get you kicked? I have a couple more cars I'd like to add, replacing cars more powerful than they are (like a class E replacing a class D or C). If not, ah well, a couple extra HP can't hurt :P

I'm fairly sure changing it in any way will get you kicked.

Anyway, 1.1 released - includes tooltips on most items. See first post for details.

Car Data Database 1.3 is included in 1.1 and is a vailable as separate download for 1.0 if you don't want do a minor upgrade.

2.0 is in the works atm, started about an hour ago. It's a 100% rewrite and should probably take a week or so depending on bugs and schedule.

2.0 is in the works atm, started about an hour ago. It's a 100% rewrite and should probably take a week or so depending on bugs and schedule.

Well i hope it goes smoothly for you and have no major problems on the way. Also i am just trying to find out what every thing does, so that i can get some very accurate phyics.

Thanks

+rep