We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

iLLusion Winter Day mod v1.0

iLLusion

you have to download all files from part0 to part 12

OR

one of the torrents, which I didn`t tried.

Cause I downloaded the parts complete and one by one.

With all parts, the mod will work. Well, it worked on me, I have to say correctly.

If you have downloaded ALL parts, you just doubleclick part0, which is a zip-file-type. WinRAR asked me, to locate part1 after a while. I packed them all in one folder, but never the less i have to doubleclick part1. After that WinRAR unpacked all parts correctly.

Then you have to choose, which type of roads you want to install. Coose one type and download them. If you got them, just install them, as opelos told you in the readme of the roadpacket.

Ok, now it should work. Trees, Grass, signs and houses should be snowskinned. Attention: your house in the game may not change color. Doesn´t work on me. don´t know if it is a bug on my installation or a bug of the mod. But i´don´t care but that. Didn´t stay long in front of my houses ;).

OK, if you want to be good now, you can download the repairpatch. But it is not really necessary, I don´t see green fields without that.

And if you want to be best, you download the snowy tires, the tyre chains and the winter day mod.

But they are only bonus, they are not necessary to run the mod.

Good luck & have fun. Hope someone can get use of my horrible english :D

I see a little bit of confusion over here. So let's get things straight now. :)

My mod is only a simple weather type mod. If you want snow you MUST download TDU Crazy Winter Edition 1.5B by Opelos_HUN ( link: http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=15313). Enjoy. :D

@Bimmer

Dunno, I'm driving my car with no display or whatsoever for maximum realism. But it might be a bug (just like our main map is covered with fog). Those are the unexpected things we just must live with. :D

great work, thx. the fogggy look is great. Also the world is really completely white. Sometimes very difficult to see the track. I was often driven in the dirt and looking for the road. Thats great.

But ... how much does the weathertypes differ from each other? I may think, it is only one type :confused:. But i´m not shure.

And the grass is really high now. Sometimes it looks good (in the wilderness) but on other parts it looks strange, cause houses are hiden in plants, like in a jungle. Less hight would be better, just my opinion :).

But no bigg thing ... cause the drivin experience is great. thanks for that :).

I'm happy you like it! ;)

I tried to achieve good contrast between road and world and keep it white as much as possible. That was the main reason I decided to make this mod. Driving on snow with other weather mods out here gived my non-satisfactory feeling because they all make grayish look of snow, something I don't like. Like I said, they are good mods, but for a summer themed Oahu. Winter Oahu is a completely different story.

There's about 3 types of weather in total (marked as Snow_Day_1, S_D_2 and S_D_3), and all of them got fog. So there might be light blue sky, a white sky and a combination of light pale yellow color. There's no night, no sunny bright blue sky, etc. in this version, unfortunately. What you see on screenshots is what you get. I might include it in my next weather mod. It depends on how well I can combine all these types. But I don't make any promises.

Haha, like a jungle, good one. :D I noticed that too, but it don't bothers me that much. I'll make them a bit lower in my next version.

@Bimmer

Dunno, I'm driving my car with no display or whatsoever for maximum realism. But it might be a bug (just like our main map is covered with fog). Those are the unexpected things we just must live with. :D

ah, well i DO drive with names on, since i cruise with friends alot so i need to know who's who :rolleyes:

might have to find that mist and fog mod instead :/

shame really, because this mod looks really good apart from the map and names, well done mate :)

I just checked names too, and yes, they are working. :D

btw.

Are you ready for this? Let me hear you say yeaaa... :monkeydance:

Here are some teaser screenshots for my next version... powered by Maciuk Weather mod.

20ts5dt.jpg

qrdg1f.jpg

2o8zn.jpg

As I said, for this version I used Maciuk Morning, Afternoon and Night settings because they are awesome and I couldn't make better settings than that on my own. Unfortunately, I can't release it to the public... yet. I'll try to get in contact with Maciuk to talk about permission. It would be such a waste if I couldn't release this baby. Let's cross our fingers for a Christmas release... :santa:

this new one would be great :).

I tested both, your mod v1 and maciuks weather mod. They are both great.

But in your version the night and dawn´s are missing and on maciuks mod, your nice "lights" in combination with the fog is missing.

Hope, you can release this new mod in time. Looks great so far :).

• 2 weeks later...
Yep. Otherwise, with HDR on and with snow mod game is too bright and unrealistic. I get used to playing without HDR for a change, and I don't miss it even a bit. :P

actually I wondered if it's possible to set the weather just black-ish clouds? that way it wouldn't look unrealistic.I checked fx.ini file but I couldn't understand anything :P