We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Remove air friction and/or asphalt roll sounds

Carda

I'm a manual shifter as probably most of you. The sound of my engine is important to listen to for shifting on the right moment. I got really sick of the air friction and asphalt roll volume when driving (sometimes even louder then the sound of my engine :?) and removed em both. You can also remove just one of em if you like the other one to stay. (remove winds only for example)

I used TDU Bnk Editor 1.0 - By Jeffrey (thx Jeffrey for this application) to replace files within a BNK file.

DJEY Magic Map is recommended because we ARE changing a .BNK file.

1) Make a copy of your //Test Drive/Euro/Bnk/Sound/Vehicules/common.bnk

2) Start TDU Bnk Editor and with it, open //Test Drive/Euro/Bnk/Sound/Vehicules/common.bnk

2796922.jpg

3) These 4 files are the ones that we're going to replace. Or just 2 if you like the other 2 to stay

2796952.jpg

4) Replace them with the .WAV files found in my zip (each .wav is 0 kb)

2796959.jpg

5) Great work here by Jeffrey, because otherwise it wouldn't work

2796962.jpg

6) Don't forget to press this button when you're finished, like I always do.

Here are the goods:

http://www.filefront.com/15380909/TDU-No%20winds-asphalt%20sounds.zip

Note:

Instead of replacing the files with a .wav of the same length that's silent, I created 0kb .wav files with notepad. It will result that TDU won't play 'm at all because they aren't valid sound files. That results in more free sound channels for the soundcard and a bit extra CPU performance and most important, gives a pure undistorted engine sound.

My first 0kb mod ever by the way :rolleyes:

The asphalt roll, wind friction and engine sound for me aren't separately volume settable. I do not have an 'Engine' slider and have to use the 'vehicle' slider to change the volume of all 3 sounds at once.

The slider 'SFX' doesnt change the volume of the asphalt roll and wind friction sounds either btw. Its really combined with the engine volume in the 'vehicle' slider

• 3 weeks later...

I and other people get in the orginal game some sound stuttering. I guess you guys are familar with that common bug.

I researched and found out that the air friction sound is what creates this sound stuttering.... now I wonder if your trick here will fix the sound stuttering as well ?

I gonna try out but it might be possible to get ride of that stupid sound stuttering on high speed that way.

So for that thansk to find out this thing it might be more helpful as you think it is :3

• 6 months later...