We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Can you please add a new section to the mod shop?

Carda

Hello dear moderators of TDU-C,

First I want to thank you all for bringing back TDU-C. The temp. forum worked great to stay in contact with you all and also my thanks for that.

I have a question about the mod shop section of TDU-C. My racepacks do not fit any category at all. They are not vehicles, neither sound mods. But complete racepacks for the single player.

Can you please add a section called 'Custom Races' or something you see fit? At the moment I need to release the racepacks in the 'general mod shop channel' and that isn't the right spot for the release of mods either.

Thanks in advance,

Carda

I agree that they don't fit under any of the specific mod sub categories, however there is also the fact that you are the only person actually adding races (which kind of surprises me). You would basically be the only person posting in it. We'd have to call the sub section, Carda. :P

I was very suprised when I found out there were no custom races to be found on the forums as well.

It took a while to figure out the .IGE files however, and how to mod them for custom races after that, because it is modding (doing much hexedit and work on the .IGE file to create a single race). I wish we were able to create interesting races with the 'editor' function of TDU...

I started a tutorial on this TDU:C website how people can create their own races with bots too and I really hope more people will start creating them because i'm not in for a section called 'carda'....

Custom races deserves to be the new kind of mods for TDU (to my humble opinion)

Greets,

Carda

I was very suprised when I found out there were no custom races to be found on the forums as well.

It took a while to figure out the .IGE files however, and how to mod them for custom races after that, because it is modding (doing much hexedit and work on the .IGE file to create a single race). I wish we were able to create interesting races with the 'editor' function of TDU...

I started a tutorial on this TDU:C website how people can create their own races with bots too and I really hope more people will start creating them because i'm not in for a section called 'carda'....

Custom races deserves to be the new kind of mods for TDU (to my humble opinion)

Greets,

Carda

I think tWm was joking about the section being called Carda. :p

I don't think the races should have a section of their own as you seem to be the only person who knows how to make them and you also haven't finished the tutorial so other people can't make their own.

However, I do think that a section called Other Mods or something along them lines is a good idea.

That's a start! I'll happely start with 'Other Mods' as section.

Please get my 'how to create...' tutorial stickied there and ofcourse I'll finish writing it.

I hope one day we can rename that section to 'Custom Races'.

Thank you

Cool thanks! :thumbsup:

I put some more time into the tutorial and with the information that is in it now, I was able to create my first 6 racepacks.

The templates to use for other people are complete and posted inside it too. Someone who can do copy/paste should be able to create his own challenges now.

• 1 month later...

Ugh. Physics mods :evil:

I think the only way we'll get the new sections is if there are more demand for the categories of mods. If more people want Carda's races, there'd probably be a section for custom races. If more people (unfortunately) want physics modifications, same story.