We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 announcement soo ....upcoming?

Eudemon

Atari nor EdenGames have signed them self up for E3 this year so far but it`s the same with Crytek. Crytek has said they will be showing off their Crysis 2 at E3. So i guess there's still time for signups...

http://www.e3expo.com/exhibitors/92/exhibitor-list/

E3 Expo - June 15-17 2010

Nice forum btw... Forums like this must be an inspiration for the game developers. If not, then they should find them self another career.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Often we see people "formerly" worked on TDU: HL and on Eden's homepage they are still looking for people to hire.

... but, even if they have some administrative problems, could be organizing, communication or financial, I do think the game will be coming sometime 2010/11, tho it`s just a lucky guess and wishful thinking.

So basically there is no real date of tdu2 then. I bought as it was cheap and i remeber the old amiga 600 testdrive. Hoping it does happen if it doesn`t then i think it would be a mistake people are buying the game now as it is cheap and word of mouth recomendations one of the few racing/driving game that allows you to cruise without been blown up, hunted by helicopters or wrecked every two minutes. Ok lack of weather and day /night is a pain but then tdu2 can give us that. My xbox need s more tdu

i hate all these little bits and pieces of speculation, atari and eden already had an website registered for it over a YEAR ago !

why not just come out for it and please the crowd eden ?

this keeping-info-behind-behaviour is really getting me pissed off :(

i'm really lookin forward to the release, the sooner, the better ! :D

how can anyone have enthusiasm for tdu2 and no enthusiasm for tdu 1? :s

Basically exactly what Mellors said. Even after the 2 years I have played the game, it's just gotten old. Sure, on rare occasion a night of racing does me some good. But that's only when all of my friends are there and we have something interesting to talk about. It isn't even the game that interests me, it's the people and atmosphere.

Not everyone is as interested in TDU as they once were. In fact, practically no one is. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Sometimes it's good to jump and have a cruise but with other games it's clear the roads and handling of TDU is quite messed up, we've learned to play within it's faults and all but sometimes those crap engine sounds, the violent understeer and of course the stair way to Hawaii roads just make you want to play something else after about an hour.

Well my friend wanted to play Forza 3, but he couldn't because his 360 broke, so i brought mine over to let him play it and then mine broke while i was over. Pretty much impossible to have respect for the console after that. Although Forza 3 is a great game, i would love to be playing it right now, but again my 360 is dead, and i dont have the $$ to buy a new one right now.

Sorry if my post came off as flamming, just venting. Im looking forward to TDU2 as much as anyone else.

TDU is, lets be honest, almost as boring as kingkong these days...

People who know me know I played that game like crazy, staying up till 4am with exams at 9....

I've out played it, nothing let that would interest me. My only problem is... What if TDUnext is the same? Or too similar

You also have to remember that you can get an Xbox 360 for £150. No computer can even compete game wise with the Xbox 360 for £150. You'd be looking to spend at least 3 or 4 times more. It's the same compared to the PS3.

They can also push the Xbox a lot further since the release of TDU. Just look at the more recent games coming out and they can still only get better.

On the whole xbox vs pc argument, thought i'd let u all know that the xbox and ps3 are both 3-4 years technologically behind a PC's both computing and graphical power (http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6251495.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;3)

He also claimed OnLive's graphical capabilities are already much more powerful than that of the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360, both of which use hardware that's four or five years old.
(sorry for the kinda offtopic quote, its only evidence i could refer to quickly)

TDU2 is going to come out (if it comes out, as some1 else has said we dont even know for sure it's in development yet) is definately going to come out on more than one platform because the PC can support the Logitech G25 and we all know how awesome and hyped everyone gets when it comes to playin TDU with this particular wheel that doesn't work with the Xbox nor to my knowledge the PS3...and plus from the early pictures every1 can see theres alot of buttons that would have to be assigned to many of the car's features, whats better than a keyboard for that ;)

TDU2 is going to come out (if it comes out, as some1 else has said we dont even know for sure it's in development yet) is definately going to come out on more than one platform because the PC can support the Logitech G25 and we all know how awesome and hyped everyone gets when it comes to playin TDU with this particular wheel that doesn't work with the Xbox nor to my knowledge the PS3...and plus from the early pictures every1 can see theres alot of buttons that would have to be assigned to many of the car's features, whats better than a keyboard for that ;)

Absolutely agree!

All Logitech wheels work with the PS3 as it uses the standard Force Feedback API. The Xbox 360 uses something like XAPI or something and has to be approved by MS for use on the 360 hence why the only options you have is the extremely crap MS Wheel or the premium Fanatec Porsche Turbo S if you want a Force Feedback Wheel.

The PS3 and PC is just a matter of the software being programmed for that wheel basically.