We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

High cars camera secret !

you-paul

hi guys , i just find out how we can make high cameras

well is simple , the model is build with low suspensions ( the wheels enter in body a littel bit ) and when we rise up the car with TDUPE ( hi dredgy ) the camera rise up too .....

so this in no longer a Russian secret

if you think that this thread is useful for modders , please comment !

the car is shifted to left so camera is positioned with right seat in place of left one ...and the dumies are moved in right places

IT WORKS !

well this is a quick try but , it works

2m5jqci.png

sorry for duble posting

PS :

That would utterly be crap. Sorry.

Raising suspension makes the car tilt alot more, I already tried a monster truck by myself for a joke. Raising suspension all the way it really does effect the cars performance and handling.

oh , yeah ?

this method works on the off road pack ...

i will edit this post later , i will proof that works

Raising suspension makes the car tilt alot more' date=' I already tried a monster truck by myself for a joke. Raising suspension all the way it really does effect the cars performance and handling. [/Quote']

n7065k.png

zt8zyv.png

i`m sorry tool ^^

Guest turbo lag

The point is that it wouldn't work with conventional mods and would need the mod to be made specifically for that high camera. For every other normal mod, it means that the car will just look stupid like the CLK GTR posted above. And yes like Tool said, it does affect handling. To be honest I find this just stupid and just a simple way out. If however the actual camera was moved properly to the right side or higher, then it will be impressive.

It's a neat little trick I suppose but it's just not practical enough for it to be going into masses.

off course it affect handling

that clk GTR ( tnx tWm ) is just a demo , but the point is : the 3d model have to be at the same height as the car replaced then the suspension is raised and the ingame car will look like the real life one ......

do you want to make a video to understand what i`m talking about ??

That would utterly be crap. Sorry.

Raising suspension makes the car tilt alot more, I already tried a monster truck by myself for a joke. Raising suspension all the way it really does effect the cars performance and handling.

Realistically, 99% of the vehicles that would need a high camera aren't going to be super handlers to begin with, they're going to be SUV's and pickup trucks at standard ride heights, not exactly known for their handling. Slammed lowrider trucks could always be made to fit the Chevy SSR or Holden Effigy camera slots.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi.

I have noticed it too some time ago and I tried to edit some cars... as far as I remember it was Jeep Grand Cherokee and Hummer or somethin' but the ZModeler couldn't save the file back properly and, all in all, the half of the model and textures were gone. Any solutions? Any instructions how to fix these SUV cars?

Cheers,

Cherokee.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...