We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Off-Road Driving?

Speed 12

If TDU2 includes prominent off-roading events,what type of vehicles would you like to see?

Here's my picks

Rally Cars

Baha Trucks

Moto-Cross Bikes

Atvs

Baha Buggies

And standard production vehicles modified to tackle the harsh terrain.

Anything Missing?

A jeep TJ/YJ with a 4L

a power wagon (new and/or old)

and diesel trucks would love to see the black smoke bellowing out of a 5.9 in a ram with huge stacks but i kinda doubt thats gunna happen:crying:

What the... :confused:

Some people don't realize that this is a racing game.......

you obviously havent seen real diesels then diesels (especially 5.9 cummins) with 700hp+ is commonplace around here

in the quarter its really easy to find 10-11 second full sized diesel trucks

every august theres a huge diesel event at the local track (biggest one in the world i think) and its awesome to see how fast some of these trucks go

That was all artwork, no official released images.

True but the resent news floating around these days aren't discarding any artworks though.

I'm still hoping for indicators and gas-stations (gauge) as shown in the artwork.

True but the resent news floating around these days aren't discarding any artworks though.

I'm still hoping for indicators and gas-stations (gauge) as shown in the artwork.

Ye, but I find it a lot different than all those expeditions through jungle likely environments with waterfalls in all sorts of fantasy offroaders and Fuel-ish buggies. I really hope they keep that out. It's more something for Fuel, or if it would have been continued back in it's day, Grand Raid Offroad. But not for TDU2 imo. Offroading is fine, but keep it as simple as picking an ML63 or a Defender and take a turn too early :P

But you're right, I also really hope for indicators and gasstations. If they need help with it, they should ask the devs of all those truckinggames.

Yeah it's unlikely that the artwork is geographicly correct, but it's just planning scatches. More like their ideas than the actual results.

I agree with you that they should keep it simple, but a little trailbike fun-course wouldn't hurt :D

What the... :confused:

Some people don't realize that this is a racing game.......

Have you ever seen a diesel truck drag race, blackhole? Way more horses than any little Italian car. Personally, I think big trucks like Rams and Silverados should be included, but I know they won't because people overseas don't understand the big truck appeal like us Texans do. They'll put their Land Rovers, Touaregs, Cayennes, which I'm okay with, but I'm willing to bet, the only pick-up they put in the game is the Saleen Supertruck or the Ram Srt10, like in Forza 3.

Have you ever seen a diesel truck drag race, blackhole? Way more horses than any little Italian car. Personally, I think big trucks like Rams and Silverados should be included, but I know they won't because people overseas don't understand the big truck appeal like us Texans do. They'll put their Land Rovers, Touaregs, Cayennes, which I'm okay with, but I'm willing to bet, the only pick-up they put in the game is the Saleen Supertruck or the Ram Srt10, like in Forza 3.

That's the problem with american cars. There's no passion...it's all about power and speed for y'all. The bigger, the better....

It's my opinion...and as you say I don't understand the appeal in those cars/trucks.

What is the appeal for you? The black smoke rising in the sky? The tires spinning? The smell of rubber..?

EDIT: I just want to add something:

I understand that there are different points of view about those things. For some it's about the mechanical aspect of it. They like the power of what an engine can do and things like that, and that's their passion.

What created my passion for cars is that some of them are like artworks. Every time Lamborghini or Ferrari create a new car, it's like Kandinsky or Mondrian made a new painting. It's more than just an engine and four wheels.

If you take the Ferrari 250 GTO for example; it's like driving the Mona Lisa with an orchestra instead of the engine. It's art, it's passion.

Enough with the metaphors and on with the conclusion: Different points of view equals different types of passion.

That's why I don't understand enormous and powerful trucks, but I understand why some people enjoyed them.

I'd love to just see some production off roaders like the g55 amg,hummer h2,range rover,lr4/discovery 4,jeep grand cherokee,and mercedes gl550.And hopefully we will have the option to do stuff like this to them.

( http://hummertruckworld.tenmagazines.com/articleImages/28111.jpg)

ps.Baja is spelled with a J not an H,the J sounds like an H.

That's the problem with american cars. There's no passion...it's all about power and speed for y'all. The bigger, the better....

It's my opinion...and as you say I don't understand the appeal in those cars/trucks.

What is the appeal for you? The black smoke rising in the sky? The tires spinning? The smell of rubber..?

I understand that there are different points of view about those things. For some it's about the mechanical aspect of it. They like the power of what an engine can do and things like that, and that's their passion.

ya before I went a few years ago to the big diesel event here I didn't know about these diesels either they are just torque monsters i wish europe had an event like the august black-out we have here just to experience the raw poower of these monsters, like what other vehicle for under 50grand can u get over 600lb-ft of torque and with not much more than a reprogram and a little top end work its crazy the massive amounts of power that a diesel can make (800hp+ and 1200lb-ft+ easy) now how is watching a full sized diesel truck going down the strip like this not entertaining?? everyone always things o its only a diesel just for towing why would I want one of those, well this and the fact that our full sized one ton truck almost makes as good of mileage as my little eclipse is a ton more fun to drive and can still hook onto our 28' trailer and tow it like nothing is why I love em

I guess what I'm saying is they're very functional, practical, torque monsters that are something that I can dream of owning/doing one day unlike any of these exotic vehicles that would never last on the roads around here

What created my passion for cars is that some of them are like artworks. Every time Lamborghini or Ferrari create a new car, it's like Kandinsky or Mondrian made a new painting. It's more than just an engine and four wheels.

If you take the Ferrari 250 GTO for example; it's like driving the Mona Lisa with an orchestra instead of the engine. It's art, it's passion.

Enough with the metaphors and on with the conclusion: Different points of view equals different types of passion.

That's why I don't understand enormous and powerful trucks, but I understand why some people enjoyed them.

Honestly, I don't know what the appeal is. The best answer I can give is pride. Most of our cars have a long history, some of which started just years after the car itself was first produced. We're just proud of our cars, but not in a stupid-American way. And like Firecatman said, trucks are so useful. You have the F-150 which can be used for haulin hay on the ranch with the King Ranch Edition or it can take down a sports car on the track with the SVT Lightning Edition. Or you can just use it as a comfortable family car with the basic F-150.

We all like our different cars, and I can't quite explain why we like trucks, but I suppose they're just in our blood, and America has grown up with them.

But I respect everyone else's car likes and dislikes - I suppose it all depends on where we are and what we've grown up with.