We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Roads

Kinder

I`m sick and tired of roads that are so smooth you can even take off from them.I`d love some holes in the road some little tiny holes to hit them.Make it look realistic.And the roads should look like the ones in Spain Colin McRae DiRT

What are you on about??

Nearly every road that goes over a hill in TDU is real choppy because they are all same-length sections at different angles. It sucks.

That area in your avatar, Kolekole pass, is the worst. Every curve is choppy so when you turn, your tires are barley making contact with the road so you understeer into the guardrails.

I'm up for some! SUV's eh? Lol drive offroad at night with an SUV with no headlights turned on with 3 other passengers. Now that's fun! :D

Hopefully you don't go off a cliff though. :mad:

I used to go on night trail rides with my dad in his Jeep. We'd have all of the lights on including the light-bars. Really fun stuff and it does make off road driving/rock crawling a hell of a lot different. :p

I used to go on night trail rides with my dad in his Jeep. We'd have all of the lights on including the light-bars. Really fun stuff and it does make off road driving/rock crawling a hell of a lot different. :p

Now that seems fun! Hopefully we'd be able to do that in TDU2.

What are you on about??

Nearly every road that goes over a hill in TDU is real choppy because they are all same-length sections at different angles. It sucks.

That area in your avatar, Kolekole pass, is the worst. Every curve is choppy so when you turn, your tires are barley making contact with the road so you understeer into the guardrails.

The road was good but the "gameplay" is bad.I was thinking maybe some workers on one lane and we all gotta go on the other lane.

TDU2 doesn't need roads

You knew this would be coming:

But on topic, I hope to see vast improvements in the smoothness of roads where it matters (like in the mountains. I want to have some fun driving in mountain hairpins!), but small imperfections that coincide with the textures on the road (so you could avoid them, or at least know they are coming so you could brace for impact) would be nice little things to spice up the game.

A few roads with some cracks (with rare pothole), just don't over do it!.

Also missing is the old schools roadwork (you know, blinking things that go flying for some reason. X) (Bo bo bo bo bock!)

TDU sports the loose object "warning stand".. so maybe they started something, but canned it.

For convenience sake make it ~2 permanently placed roadwork strips (cones/objects are only locally affected).

(Also nitpicking.. but it would be nice if TDU2 had differently sounding asphalts, caused by different asphalt surfaces, not JUST asphalt or dirt sound).

Smoothness quote:

(OXM preview) "..of ups and downs. But unlike TDU, the sequel makes them as attractive a destination as any on level ground." :)