We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 with DirectX11/PHYSX Technology

Rodrighazzo

Watersplashing, as it's done in Dirt 2, would be awesome, but in World Racing it looked good too and that was far from a demanding game.

But otherwise I don't know what the advantages would be. TDU2 doesn't look like a massively demanding game, then again maybe I misunderstand the meaning of DX11 and PhysX.

As long as my pc can run it, they can put in whatever they want (almost then).

If they didn't build the game from the ground up to work with DX11 then I would rather they left it out. They could add it in, but this is usually done poorly. Take the older STALKER games for example. That was designed and made for DX9 and DX10 came out halfway through development but they added it in. And it didn't work very well at all.

Having said that, if they do incorporate it into the game and it works well then it would be great. But the graphics won't be bad anyway in DX9 or 10. I'd rather them get all the features into the game and have it looking good rather than cut out features just to make it look a little bit better for a small amount of the people playing the game.

As to the line about Nvidia, they now have DX11 cards out. :p

I also couldn't care less. My PC doesn't have DirectX 11 or Physx capabilities. Obviously I guess it'd be a nice addition for the people who's computers do have the right capabilities.

I won't be upgrading my PC to run the game any better. Unless, ofcourse, the game turns out to be even more extremely hot-awesome-sauce than it seems now. Which, as much as I'd like it to be, I doubt it will be.

I thought TDU had a pretty decent replay value.. Perhaps I'm alone.

You're not alone.

I still play it and I don't use mods or anything. I just like to go for a drive and listen to some music. I don't do the races or anything. Driving around keeps me occupied enough.