We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Best Offroading Games

Ryzza5

Yeah, the only way to play online was if you arranged to meet a friend using xfire or Steam. That game really needed to show you where others were on the map (they must've thought they'd have too many people to show, lol.

The environment occasionally made me go wow, but the lack of online support killed the game pretty quickly. You could barely get more than 200m away from someone before they disappeared, which made Tag games a lil hard at times.

Hurry up, Dan

FUEL%202009-11-07%2009-47-13-86.png.jpg

Not sure if this was a Vista Point or not

FUEL%202009-10-31%2019-46-56-32.png.jpg

I enjoyed Fuel, the graphics were pretty good, just it got boring too quickly. The area was okay, just it was lacking something...

Also, the lack of real-world SUVs/rally cars was a bit of a downside for me. But I still enjoyed it before it got boring. :p

Whatever little FUEL has, I'm pretty sure TDU2 will take it and make it much more usable (I'm thinking of proper rally cars, steering wheel support, lightning storms, etc. We could always try to setup a FUEL cruise (PC) one day if people like

• 2 months later...

Rigs of Rods can be hilarious as I found out with a friend at college one day. We put the game on my memory stick and ran it on one of the college computers and tried putting a truck in the back of a carrier-plane and to keep a long story short.. it didn't end well. But it was funny as Hell to see and ended up laughing so much that our lecturer came over and had a look but didn't seem that bothered about us gaming on a college computer.

Other times it's just infuriating. Most of the time I can't get maps or vehicles I've downloaded to work properly which is one of my main issues with it despite me installing them the same as when I've installed the rest of the addons.

• 1 month later...

Just noticed Motormax Offroad Extreme is now on Steam for an insanely cheap price (you'd put it in the 'this must be a crap game based on its price' basket if you didn't know any better). If you're not playing in Ibiza, it might fill the gap between now and when the next few games come out

http://store.steampowered.com/app/34860/

Colin Mcrae Dirt, Good game. I have both the second and the first. The second has good physics and great graphics but lacks things like tuning your car like in Dirt. I don't play the second over the first Dirt, I kinda evenly enjoy them both and they get played a lot by me. The career in both games suck, but I don't play them for the career I just enjoy getting on and doing a few races. Don't think you should get the 2nd over the first, if your pc is slow and you don't have a lot of cash go with Dirt1.

Hopefully they will get the Pacenotes correct this time.

Me and my bros today have started playing Dirt and having one of us being the driver and the other being the co-driver, so far it's been fun but it is surprisingly hard.

Going to get WRC when it releases. Has any one played Richard Burns Rally?

DL'd RBR demo today, was fun but a bit difficult to play with a keyboard, I still got good times in the driving school though :cool: The demo is rather short unfortunately.:(

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr24/TrackManiaMon/RBRDemoHabdbrakeGoodTime.png

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing

Had to look this up to know what it was. Game looks 1337!

Read Gamespot's review: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/bigrigsotrr/review.html It's funny how much they put down the game.

Screw TDU2 I'm buying BG:ORR!!!

[mod edit:] Please do not post images larger than 350KB, use a thumbnail or a text link instead, thanks!

• 3 months later...

Полный привод.Трофи Мурманск-Владивосток 2

[TUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaZm2uktRho?fs=1&hl=ru_RU"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaZm2uktRho?fs=1&hl=ru_RU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/TUBE]