We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

*** Apply now for the TDU2 Beta *Phishing SCAM Warning*

iLLGT3

well i do play with a 360 controller, and it has 16 buttons, i think its more than enough for almost any game.

Can all this be squeezed in a 360 controller? If it can, ok nice, if not, well I can imagine it can't :p:

Driving:

Accelerate

Brake

Steer left

Steer right

Handbrake

Reset to road

Shift Up

Shift Down

Lean forward (bikes)

Lean backward (bikes)

Carfunctions and Accesories:

Windows up/down

Roof in/out

Left turnsignal

Right turnsignal

Warningsignals

Radio on/off

Zoom GPS (assuming it's like TDU1 just one button)

Views:

Change camera

Look backwards

Look up

Look down

Look left

Look right

Menus and other:

Enter building/race

Mapmode

Pauzemenu (go to photomode etc from here)

Main menu (with controls, settings and quit-game-option)

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to continue it even more, the screens and video he will show will not be the beta but things he captured himself:

Attention, pour les vidéos et screens, ce ne sera pas de la beta, du moins pas tout de suite, mais des choses mises à ma dispo.

Les translation crappéz de la Google:

Attention to the videos and screens, it will not be the beta, at least not right away, but things made my pro.

Dunno if this was posted yet, Fabien (Kidzou) from tdu2.fr, today:

So, what Fabien basically says:

The closed beta is about to begin, he doesn't know exactly when, for now it's still internal. It will be very limited at first (one car, and freeride only).

The one car, free mode only seems like a good way to go about it.

And thanks for the info

What to remember about controllers is that depending on how the buttons can be used you can have a lot more buttons per se.

What I mean is take controllers with analog sticks, you can usually click these so there's another button, in fact TDU uses one of these for the horn remember. Now consider holding a button, in fact again TDU2 does this, B will more than likely be your gear change button but hold it for a 1-2 sec and you reset.

You also have the method of 2 like options that do their opposite ala the windows, you press the button for the windows and depending on if they are up or down they will go the opposite way due to a check. The roof works this way, I saw it so the lights could be used the same way; hold the flash/challenge button for 1 sec to dip/low beam or high beam your lights whereby the opposite would happen to what you have and due to it being for a second or more there's no risk to the flash operation. I've always said holding the handbrake button for 2 secs to switch the car off could be done so hey who knows!

It all comes down to the utilisation and what works and is somewhat ergonomic/comfortable for the player.

Thanks for the explanation.

In addition to controlrelated stuff, it also makes clear the warningflash is the instant-challenge button, and nót the hazardlights, if they are in to begin with. I hope they fixed the windowbug though, the windows only responded properly at convertibles because they always have roofs down, the game didn't fully check the position, it just started with putting them up, which in most cases was that way already.

I also wonder something else...:

...I saw it so the lights could be used the same way; hold the flash/challenge button for 1 sec to dip/low beam or high beam your lights whereby the opposite would happen to what you have...

This only describes situations in on-mode, but how do you put them on? Is that automatic or also an option for us to decide?

Good question, I mean that's the thing, there's no real set way and it usually brings up other problems. The Right-stick method the concept and pre-production showed looked like it would be ideal for the lights when I think about it actually.

tdu2_conceptingameicons_2_slice.jpg

The left most part is actually a good idea imo, if you clicked the Right-stick (RS) to put that menu up or make those options available (ie RS click = lights on/off, lights on = extra menu with low/high option). :)

Also I know what you mean with the windows but tbh it wasn't a major thing just to click the button again. ;)

Up Down Left Right is about the most people would be able to do effectively though again you have the clicks thing. Like the image above I think you clicked once for the 1st menu, a second click for the 2nd menu and so on.

ie; RS click/x2 clicks/x3 clicks

I think they really should incorporate the RS into play. A wasted button is a wasted opportunity in this sort of game. :D

i wouldn't mind "combos" of pressing twice a button for functions that are not used as much as accelerate/brake/steer like turning on lights and wipers, sometimes i turn on lights during the day. And what about when you enter a tunnel, are the lights going to keep turning on/off again and again and again???? (beta testers pleeeeease check that for me, i'm not a chosen one :() IRL you don't turn on lights each time you enter a small tunnel.

I've been following most of your comments on the issue, and I think it would probably work to have the windows and roof key be the same. IE: Tap down arrow, lowers windows; tap down arrow again, lowers roof; tap down arrow again, raises windows (roof still down); tap down arrow again, raises roof. Car sealed. Yes, it would be infuriating, accidentally going too far and having to go through the whole cycle, but what's the alternative? Put two separate controls somewhere where we would probably bump them all the time and where they would replace something like the lights, wipers, or radio?

Also, the roof up/down stages would be disabled at speeds higher than 30 mph, and effect only the windows.

-Leadfoot

I doubt there's a speedlimit for opening and closing roofs. I believe I saw scenes of the TT-RS racing through the streets while closing it's top in the rain.

Then again, I need wipers more than a speedlimit for roofs, and I still have the idea they won't be in....