We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Official System Requirements for TDU2

iLLGT3

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a sizeable difference between the 460 and 480, so being specific would help. Assuming you have the 460, you'll be able to play the game with decent graphics at a low-ish resolution. I would recommend 4GB of RAM and Windows 7 for starters. You could at least get SP2 for Vista.

could you please how you upgrade the ram (I am only 12), where can I get SP2 from and how much would windows 7 cost

E: looking through the product list the 460 is only available in prebuilt machines (OEM) and the G100 is an (OEM) product, but i'm not sure whether that applies to machines that were made a year ago.

What, so you don't actually know what graphics card you have?

Click Start

Type 'experience'

Click 'Check the Windows Experience Index'

On the right, click 'View and print detailed performance and system information'

Have a look next to Graphics.

Tell us what scores Windows give you. You want your Base Score (the lowest subscore) to be at least 4.0 for decent gamplay. By way of comparison, mine is 7.9

To get SP2 if you dont have it, click Start, type 'update', click Windows Updates, click Check for Updates

I don't know of any computer shops in NZ. One of my favs in Aus is CPL.net.au

Upgrading ram is done by firstly looking closely at what ram you have now, and what ram will be supported by your pc, it's not as simple as just pick ram with high numbers in the name and plugging them in.

Once you know how and what for your ram upgrade (667 or 800 MHz? DDR2 or DDR3), then you can buy it. Once it's delivered, you open the pc (ofcourse without the powercable in it, the pc needs to be uncharged), you find out where the ram-sticks are located, and you swap them. I'm sure they'll have small clamps at each side of the memory piece, once you press those they lift the memory up. Put the new one in, and press it gently into place.

Maybe this helps, it's a tool that says what your pc can support, by you filling in some things about your pc (manufacturer, series and model):

http://www.crucial.com/promo/index.aspx?prog=desktop2

Once that's done, you'll get a new screen with a pc picture at the left, and below that picture should be told what your pc can have.

Oh, and important: always use identical memory! Don't put in 4 memory pieces each of a different brand and with different specs.

To be honest guys, the Windows Performance test thing doesn't mean anything at all when wondering if you can run a game. You need to look at the actual components you're running.

If you right click on 'Computer' in your start menu and click on 'Manage' and then wait for it to load up and then click on 'Device Manager' you'll be able to see what component you're running in each section. Its much better.

For example, some of my sections have quite high scores on my laptop, but I can't even run The Sims 3 on medium settings so I wouldn't even think about touching TDU2

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b427/Jazzikins/Clipboard01-22.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Minimum Requirements:

Operating System:Windows XP SP2, Vista SP2, Windows 7

Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon X2 4400+

RAM:2GB

Video:Nvidia GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 3870

Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible

Hard Disk:14 GB

Peripherals:10-button controller such as Xbox 360 or Logitech Dual-Action

Other:Internet Broadband Connection, Microsoft .NET 3.5 required

Recommended Requirements:

Operating System:Windows XP SP2, Vista SP2, Windows 7

Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon X2 4400+

RAM:2GB

Video:Nvidia GeForce GTX 280 / ATI Radeon HD 4870

Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible

Hard Disk:14 GB

Peripherals:10-button controller such as Xbox 360 or Logitech Dual-Action

Other:Internet Broadband Connection, Microsoft .NET 3.5 required

Operating System : Windows 2000/XP/Vista

CPU : Intel P4 @ 2.4Ghz or AMD Athlon 2800+.

GPU (Video Cards) : ATI Radeon 9800 256MB VRAM or Nvidia 6600 GT with 256 MB of VRAM.

Video Cards with vertex/pixel shaders 2.x and above are recommended.

SPU (Sound Cards) : DirectX 9.0 compatible Sound Card.

System Memory : 512 MB, 1 GB recommended

Hard Disk free space: 8 GB

DVD drive: 8x minimum

DirectX 9.0C (included)

[Click here to test your System against the Requirements of this game]

My, my, how times have changed.

I have an Intel P4 Prescott @ 3.06 GHz with 1GB of DD2 PC2-5300, that's going to be 2GB of DD2 PC2-6400 soon, and I'm getting a XFX Radeon HD 5670 512MB 128-bit DDR5 to pair off with. Should play TDU1 like butter, and able to play TDU2 ok, but I might have to upgrade the CPU.

• 1 month later...