We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Official System Requirements for TDU2

iLLGT3

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah them 9800GX2 did get hot mine died due to overheating which is what got them shifted off the market not long after they were released. And AZ-1 looking at your spec's it would seem your nicely between minimum and recommended specs so you should be okay. ;)

So does it mean if i can play GTA IV maxxed out i can play TDU 2 w/ ease at all?? (im just confused about the range of the video card)

Well,GTA 4 is a hell of a Bad optimised game,so if you can run it maxxed out with a minimum constant 30fps,then TDU2 is a toy for your computer^^

HOAX ==> New drivers can affect the heat but only because it manage the fan better (in speed) or because it runs games better so the card don't need to heat up as before the new driver.Don't know if you understand what i mean^^

Its what i think because a software can't do something on hardware,not directly at least^^

But of course it manage to have a gain on application,games ect... ;)

You better not get a 9800 GX2 then :)

Average temp while gaming was at least 75 degrees, occasionally hitting 90.

I had similar problem with my 9600 gt passive cooling and solved it. I bought case fan for 4€ :lol:. My temps were 65°C in idle and 102°C when playing games, now it's 45°C in idle and 68°C max when playing.

[mod edit:] Please do not quote images, thanks!

HOAX ==> New drivers can affect the heat but only because it manage the fan better (in speed) or because it runs games better so the card don't need to heat up as before the new driver.Don't know if you understand what i mean^^

Its what i think because a software can't do something on hardware,not directly at least^^

But of course it manage to have a gain on application,games ect... ;)

A driver won't ofcourse jump out of the graphic card to fix it self :D

but yeah it fixes and optimizes codes/scripts to run more smoothly. Therefor it indirectly fixes heat and power issues as well as performance.

If it's a fault by polysilicon-, wells-, substratedamage or any other physical electronic damage then it's nothing a driver can do.

A driver won't ofcourse jump out of the graphic card to fix it self :D

but yeah it fixes and optimizes codes/scripts to run more smoothly. Therefor it indirectly fixes heat and power issues as well as performance.

If it's a fault by polysilicon-, wells-, substratedamage or any other physical electronic damage then it's nothing a driver can do.

:thumbsup:

Thats what i was trying to say : "Therefor it indirectly fixes heat and power issues as well as performance." :D

Anyway,i just bought an HD5870 vaporx for 347E,and i just saw that the games i want to run are optimised for NVIDIA! (Mafia 2 :drool: ) ,i'm a little pissed of now^^ (Physix,cuda...)

@M1eX -

Buy another 9600GT (if you don't have one) and you are really hardcore to go :)

HD5870 + GT 220 to boost performance greatly. If you use the 9600GT it's even faster. The problem is only to find someone who still sells the card.

This is no advise from me since I have never tried this. I suggest you search google for the right answers. I will see if this works as good with 2x HD5870 as well.

@M1eX -

HD5870 + GT 220 to boost performance greatly. If you use the 9600GT it's even faster. The problem is only to find someone who still sells the card.

This is no advise from me since I have never tried this. I suggest you search google for the right answers. I will see if this works as good with 2x HD5870 as well.

You may also want to check out which games support Physx here. If the games you play aren't on the list, then the second card will be useless.

i'd say that those recommended are way too high for such a game or its just badly optimized. If you think about it, they said they will be using same engine as they did in TDU and they even claimed that it wont change much? now cmon, TDU was running easily on 6600GT and X800GTO maxed out, now they are saying that the same engine with little tweaks is going to require 480GTX? It doesnt make any sense.

And btw im not recommending 480 to nobody, they are way too hot and too expencive. Its in the same boat with 5870 and 5980 smashes 480 it every way!

i'd say that those recommended are way too high for such a game or its just badly optimized. If you think about it, they said they will be using same engine as they did in TDU and they even claimed that it wont change much? now cmon, TDU was running easily on 6600GT and X800GTO maxed out, now they are saying that the same engine with little tweaks is going to require 480GTX? It doesnt make any sense.

And btw im not recommending 480 to nobody, they are way too hot and too expencive. Its in the same boat with 5870 and 5980 smashes 480 it every way!

They are using a 100% brand new game engine for TDU2. They started from scratch and built up on it.

Also, what's not to say that the recommended specs are a guideline for running the game on maximum settings. The GTX280 sounds realistic for maximum settings to me.

@M1eX -

I actually have my "Old" 8800gts 320 on a box,but my motherboard don't allow me to put another card,i only have 1 PCIE-1x (4 to be true but the HD5870 is over 3 of them^^) and 2 simple PCI.

I had similar problem with my 9600 gt passive cooling and solved it. I bought case fan for 4€ :lol:. My temps were 65°C in idle and 102°C when playing games, now it's 45°C in idle and 68°C max when playing.

I actually reduced my temps by removing a case fan. As it turns out, the GX2 blows hot air out of the top of the card toward the side of the case, and I had a case fan blowing the hot air back towards the card. I moved the fan behind the HDD cage and got much better results. Summer was incredibally hot with that card.

OT

Can someone give a hint of what PSU i need for this machine?

Intel i7 975 clocked to 3.5ghz cpu

ASUS Rampage II Extreme motherboard

Cpu+Gpu watercooling

12gb ram

2 GTX 480's

Total 12 TB HDD space

Creative X-FI TITANIUM FATAL1TY Soundcard

23" LED screen

Some 5.1 sound system

You guys think 750W will be enough?Please tell me ;)

OT

Cpu+Gpu watercooling

12gb ram

2 GTX 480's

Total 12 TB HDD space

23" LED screen

Some 5.1 sound system

Min 800 Watt !!! Or even 1 Kwt !

They are using a 100% brand new game engine for TDU2. They started from scratch and built up on it.

Also, what's not to say that the recommended specs are a guideline for running the game on maximum settings. The GTX280 sounds realistic for maximum settings to me.

I think GTX280 is already an overkill. Even GTA IV can run maxed on GTX 260 with decent cpu. I really dont think that it will require that high gpu, gtx 260 or 275 is enough i think...but we'll see that when the game comes out...who knows maybe even hd 3870 will run that game maxed:D

OT

Cpu+Gpu watercooling

12gb ram

2 GTX 480's

Total 12 TB HDD space

23" LED screen

Some 5.1 sound system

It depends of manufacturer also. 400W corsair is better in every way than 750W no-name. But GTX 480 in SLi is very power hungry so no i'd say ATLEAST 1000W good brand PSU, like Corsair, Thermaltake etc.

I think GTX280 is already an overkill. Even GTA IV can run maxed on GTX 260 with decent cpu. I really dont think that it will require that high gpu, gtx 260 or 275 is enough i think...but we'll see that when the game comes out...who knows maybe even hd 3870 will run that game maxed:D

I really don't see the advantage of paying $100-200 extra for a -80 vs. a -60. I've used -60's (6600, 8600, 9600, GTX 260 now) for ages, and I've always ended up with an extremely capable computer that (combined with other bargain-plus-performance items) could outperform a $1000, purpose-built machine for under $300.

A GTX260 should be able to handle TDU2 just fine. :)

-Leadfoot

Hey, why there is other system requirements here on Atari Pre-order site?

http://testdriveunlimited2.gamesplanet.com/test-drive-unlimited-2-game-atari.html

System requirements:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 Gh ¿ AMD Phenom II X2 555

RAM: (why there is nothing here?)

Video card memory: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT / ATI Radeon HD 3870

Disk space required : 10 GB

DirectX®: 9.0c

:confused: ???

wOOt my system will destroy TDU2 im really happy with these requirements

:thumbsup::excited:just hope it will look awesome as well.

but still no dx11:(

hint for ppl with the mid-range dx9-10 cards, get an hd5750 or HD5770 they have outstanding performance at dx9 as dx11 is way more heavy. and they dont cost that much money and power.

but still what reccomendations are the true ones the one at the first post or the one above me?