We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Official System Requirements for TDU2

iLLGT3

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The info is right but SRL's system recognition is wrong...

----------- Required | You Have

green_checkmark_small.gif Video RAM 512 MB | 3.7 GB

green_checkmark_small.gif Hardware T&L Yes | Yes

green_checkmark_small.gif Pixel Shader version 3.0 | 4.0

green_checkmark_small.gif Vertex Shader version 3.0 | 4.0

My OS shows about the same (3819 MB). The correct should be 2048 MB, unless I'm missing something^^

sometimes your GPOU uses the memory RAM of your CPU adn thats why u get so much memory in your GPU. thats normal.

WIth my laptop i have 1GB of GPU memory but the real is 128mb ( i have 3gb of ram in total)

Then, the info that show about requeriments is real, if u check on the site is the same( the requirements are the same as in TDU2 site).

Maybe u should know that windows not all the time shows all the stuff of your computer.

[ATTACH]12706[/ATTACH]

My GPU is 1GB but is taking like 2GB from my RAM...

I know that it shows the graphics memory that high, because graphics card uses RAM.

But it shouldn't do that, because for example notebooks have integrated graphics and use RAM. So this thinks that it is fine and will run.

But it won't because RAM is too slow. And the memory isn't the biggest thing on the graphics card, there are many other, more important things.

So never buy a game, according these tests, if you don't want to waste. You can't never be sure with these.

I know that it shows the graphics memory that high, because graphics card uses RAM.

But it shouldn't do that, because for example notebooks have integrated graphics and use RAM. So this thinks that it is fine and will run.

But it won't because RAM is too slow. And the memory isn't the biggest thing on the graphics card, there are many other, more important things.

So never buy a game, according these tests, if you don't want to waste. You can't never be sure with these.

Not all laptops use system RAM. Mine has 512MB dedicated VRAM with the GPU itself. You usually only see this in high end laptops, but I was just lucky when I saw this as it was discounted. :) Hopefully should run TDU2 on low-mid settings and if not, I'll use my PC.

Not all laptops use system RAM. Mine has 512MB dedicated VRAM with the GPU itself. You usually only see this in high end laptops, but I was just lucky when I saw this as it was discounted. :) Hopefully should run TDU2 on low-mid settings and if not, I'll use my PC.

Yeah, I know :). But I was just using that as an example. Those services can help, but they are wrong quite many times.

When someone, who doesn't really know anything about computers asks that can he run a game and someone says that use the "Can you run it". So then he uses it and he has quite bad computer with integrated graphics that uses RAM.

Test says that he can run it, as he has enough memory for the graphics.

But in reality, he can't because the RAM is slow and cards that use only RAM are weak in other ways too. The test just checks for memory and not other things, and memory isn't the most important thing. Even a card that doesn't use RAM and has a lot of own memory (like 1gb) can still be very weak in games.

I am not trying to create a war here :), but trying to say that you can't blindly count on these. So no one disappoints when they can't run a certain game.

Hope you understand me. :)

hey dudes! do you think my geforce 9600GT is good enough for TDU2?

i'm a lttle bit in worry...:confused:

I am quite sure that it will run. Not on highest and maybe not on medium. But it will run little lower than medium. No need to worry, it will run. :)

Gah, precisely why i'm ordering the PC in my specs bar lol.. My current PC is a laptop, with Nvidia 8400M GT lol, 128mb dedicated ahaha.

I really REALLY hope they sorted out the BT Home Hub connection dilemma...such a hassle having to connect through Univeristy VPN each time I want to play..

Does anybody know if the 1 gb Nvidia GeForce GT325M in my Asus N71JV laptop will run this? I'm not sure about this, but with this laptop I'm far above the rest of the requirements (i5 processor, direct x 10, 4gb ram, win7 home premium)!

2 things:

Whether or not the game has a new engine doesn't really matter that much.

It's still written under DX9 so the demands can't be that great. Any high end DX9 card should be sufficient and any cards from a later period will perform even better.

If you're just searching for a low budget solution to play TDU2 on your PC on acceptable resolutions, my previous recommendation will be sufficient.

If your planning a little ahead buy a latest generation card (hell if you want you can get an Nvidia, but that's when you have no interest in value for money...:cool:)

Secondly, the specs required can't be too great since it's an MMORG. DX10 and DX11 requirements would mean a far too little public (meaning too many people would leave this game alone because of the specs) and would mean serious server issues (too many variables, some with DX10, some with DX11 and a lot with DX9)

Besides that there are numerous variations of the same graphics card (OC, Extreme editions, etc..)so pinpoint detailing if it is good enough will be difficult.

In my opinion if you have anything better than a "standard" HD4870 or GTX260 will let you play this game at high settings!!

:thumbsup:

Note: the SRL site won't recognize all cards anyway, I have an HD4870 ToXiC (OC'ed) and it says my graphic card isn't good enough for the minimum.

If you want a decent advice wait for the demo or Beta and ask around then.