We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

I've been on here for 3 months, shall i register?

Lordstig

Hello, 1st time poster, long time lurker (I have always wanted to say that! it used to really annoy me when someone did that on ANY of my threads, and i have had 300+ page threads!) so yes, i am on alot of forums, always with this name so hello, if i now you. I have posted in the TDU2 website forum and i'll just copy what i said there, proved to be controversial (WOW, big word!)

Why I HATE the Clubs!

Hello! I have read nearly all the posts on these forums and a lot on TDUC and felt it was timw to have my own thread! You might have read some of my posts somewhere as I ALWAYS use this username! I have played TDU since it came out, i remember byiing it along with Bejing Olimpics (Rubbish game!) and really enjoyed it since then i have had Forza 3, PGR4 and NFS to play but have always come back to TDU, i played it this mornig and bought 7 more houses, 2 AM vanquishes a Mc F1, and loads more, and It never gets boring! The one thing i hate is this, I HAVE NEVER HAD XBOX LIVE, it's not that i can't afford it, especcially since i have 2 Xbox 360 elite's, but i just don't want it, can't be bothered with it. so when i heard about the Gumpert and the new Mc mp whatever, i was not upset, but cross. If i buy a game that i know i will spend a lot of time on and enjoy, why should i be denied acess to some content, whereas if some one spends, say 1 hour a week on the game with a club, they get the Gumpert/Mc wheras, me, playing 5/6/7 etc. hours has got NO acess to these cars, i have spent the same amount of money on the game, but am getting less. Don't get me wrong I love TDU and bet TDU2 will be great, But i HATE not being able to drive all the cars!

Moan Over!

http://forums.testdriveunlimited2.com/showthread.php?t=5366

so yeah, i think i enjoy the game as much as anyone, could have XBOX live (obvious, since i am here posting at 2AM and i arn't sure how many library's stay open that long) Yep, NEVER been online in a XBOX game EVER and i've had Xboxes since they came out.

I think i fall under the 'inseane' category!:D

SO FAR I HAVE: 3 :Supporters!

welcome :)

and i'm with you on the clubs subject - imposing limitations of any sort on a game with 'unlimited' in the title is just rediculous.

here's hoping there is actually a work around programmed so that all users can enjoy all facets of what should be a fantastic game...

Welcome. I don't care about club exclusive cars, there are plenty of other cars I can amuse myself with. There can't be any more than 16 people per club, and I'm sure most of them will have other favourite cars besides the exclusives. Plus, if most of my club members are from the UK, I can use them while they're asleep.

If a Ferrari Enzo was an exclusive in TDU1, I couldn't really car less, for example. I'll just grab a SLR McLaren or something else.

I don't care one way or the other for club cars, I'll drive something else. It has been mentioned that the complainers have managed to get their point across though as allegedly Eden are looking at the club cars system after the mass of negative feedback.

Welcome to TDUCk.

I'm with you. Why buy a game and have less content that's just stupid.

BTW Welcome to TDU:C

Thanks, not on my own then! and like FizzPagan2000 said, it is called TD 'unlimited' and by holding back cars that are available to others, it becomes 'test drive limited'

TY for the welcomes BTW!

Some people tend to forget that TDU/2 is built along the whole MOOR aspect; this being Massively Open Online Racer. See the key word in their Online. Anyone who has played TDU knows that TDU comes into it's own online and when you play online you meet up and make a ton of mates within this. Is the club thing a good idea, yes and no, is it unfair that some things are only given out online no as that is what the game is all about.

TDU/2 is an MMO Racer/Driving/Social Game. It's in it's own league, nothing else comes close to what it provides as of this time. So like it or not TDU/2 is a Multiplayer game with Single Player elements rather than the typical Single Player game with the Multiplayer elements. Other titles that are like this are the Battlefield series, Single Player is crap but the online is the meat of the game experience.

[+] To add, I guess it's unfortunate you have an Xbox as getting online is via Live Gold whereas PC and PS3 is free because it's clear you have an internet connection just by being online here. :)

well it seems the complaints about sharing the club cars were heard and addressed.

perhaps more people mentioning the restrictions for offline players may also yield positive results.

i'll be playing online and i agree that's where the game will be played most by most players but i still agree these restrictions are unfair...

Some people tend to forget that TDU/2 is built along the whole MOOR aspect; this being Massively Open Online Racer. See the key word in their Online. Anyone who has played TDU knows that TDU comes into it's own online and when you play online you meet up and make a ton of mates within this. Is the club thing a good idea, yes and no, is it unfair that some things are only given out online no as that is what the game is all about.

TDU/2 is an MMO Racer/Driving/Social Game. It's in it's own league, nothing else comes close to what it provides as of this time. So like it or not TDU/2 is a Multiplayer game with Single Player elements rather than the typical Single Player game with the Multiplayer elements. Other titles that are like this are the Battlefield series, Single Player is crap but the online is the meat of the game experience.

[+] To add, I guess it's unfortunate you have an Xbox as getting online is via Live Gold whereas PC and PS3 is free because it's clear you have an internet connection just by being online here. :)

Yey, i got a reply from a TDU GOD! I agree that you should be rewarded for online play, but in turn you should not be punished for offline play!

Thats what i think anyway, and i'm sure that i am not the only person in the world who doesn't play online!

Lordstig

You are indeed correct that you more than likely aren't the only 1 who doesn't play offline, however I would best that a good 98% do. PC would be different due to all the pirates who are easy to see on youtube and whatnot but for the actual consumer buying the game, they would have an idea from all the media and interviews that the game is Multiplayer first and foremost and then Single Player is the means to accumulate your funds and collection, this was especially evident in TDU as think of the money you could only win online. $10,000 max instant challenge win and winning only the reward amount if you beat the Diner Challenge.

Now with TDU2 they are wanting to blend in the Multi and Single Players though to me this equates more to being able to Challenges and such with your mates and thus gather the large amount of funds that you could only do in the Single Player in the previous game.

Again I'm not trying to put down those who don't play online but they should go into the game knowing that it is best played and experienced online rather than simply playing it offline. :)

You are indeed correct that you more than likely aren't the only 1 who doesn't play offline, however I would best that a good 98% do. PC would be different due to all the pirates who are easy to see on youtube and whatnot but for the actual consumer buying the game, they would have an idea from all the media and interviews that the game is Multiplayer first and foremost and then Single Player is the means to accumulate your funds and collection, this was especially evident in TDU as think of the money you could only win online. $10,000 max instant challenge win and winning only the reward amount if you beat the Diner Challenge.

Now with TDU2 they are wanting to blend in the Multi and Single Players though to me this equates more to being able to Challenges and such with your mates and thus gather the large amount of funds that you could only do in the Single Player in the previous game.

Again I'm not trying to put down those who don't play online but they should go into the game knowing that it is best played and experienced online rather than simply playing it offline. :)

I have just seen a potential problem with my argument, if someone plays offline on pc, then they obviously cannot back this up so for all the makers know there could be loads of offline players, and i would say thet more than 2% of players play offline, i have loads of friends that do and loads that don't. hey ho! :)

tis jolly

obviously lordy represents a statistic of people who have/will take issue with the current restrictions on the use of club cars.

question remains to be answered - are there enough like him to make enough noise to get the restrictions lifted/altered?

ultimately it will be up to those at eden...

tis jolly

obviously lordy represents a statistic of people who have/will take issue with the current restrictions on the use of club cars.

question remains to be answered - are there enough like him to make enough noise to get the restrictions lifted/altered?

ultimately it will be up to those at eden...

I hope so, but as i said, for the majority not online TDU means no online, full stop. so they won't be heard on here so i will fight on their behalf. Like i said surely they could divide Online and offline, and the machine could detect the devices, like, say that u had no Live membership and use a different system. I hope i arn't driveling. Debating, it's what i do!

LordStig

:)

i'll support you - the restrictions for offline players should be lifted in some way :)

TY that's 4 i might keep a tally of supporting people.

Shall i move this topic somewhere else, for more responses or something, suggsestions please.