We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Feature Discussion: Offline Mode

Ryzza5

If you would like to ask question regarding this topic or discuss if not being able to access certain items is a good idea or not, please do it here, and not in other threads.

What We Know

We know that there will only be one type of profile that can be used online and offline. If you being the game offline, you will not need to create a new profile to jump online. Club exclusive cars might not be available to players who do not play online or have a XBOX Live Gold subscription, although some have voted in favour of being able to unlock these exclusives when the offline components of the game are 100% complete.

Some feel that because TDU2 is described as an M.O.O.R. (Massively Open Online Racer), the online parts of the game should be the focus, and the offline acts in a complementary way. Others feel that they should be able to access all of the content as far as at least vehicles go.

You are welcome to discuss the pros and cons of this topic, but any posts that go offtopic or are rude will be deleted.

Even though online is what makes this game big, they can make it complete and get more sales with also focussing offline. Perhaps they can make the clubcars into rewardcars for achievements, like winning a certain race 10 times, driving a total of X miles/km's, etc. That way they still have to do a lot to get the cars (don't force em to do too much!), but they can still obtain them.

As regards weather, my guess would be that the game would work out what timezone, you're in, work out how many hours ahead or behind that is from what the server would use, and make the TOD adjustment in that way. Or, if you occasionally go online, it could download the 'forecast' for the next 7 days.

The trouble with only having one game mode is that you always have to assume that the player will go online at some point (i.e. cater for that event), even if they never do.

How do other games do it, like GTA IV, Fuel and Burnout Paradise?

Perhaps IV and Fuel use GFWL, you can't really save without being connected, but Burnout Paradise doesn't require a connection, and also has weather and a 24h cycle.

Yep, thanks for this Ryzza5 really apreciate it,

The Weather offline - As far as i know it will be on a pre-set cycle

Achivemants - TDU1 was fine playing offline, you could still get to the top rank, (as i am) and quite easily get Enzos, saleens. Mc F1's, Lambos etc.

Lordstig.

If it WAS possible to set things offline..

It would be good if you wanted to do specific E.G. wet race track training.

And also a nice privilege for poor offline users. :)

Do you mean 'poor' as in no money or 'Poor' as in sympathy

1. I'm not poor!

2. Yey! Sympathy!

Poor wording maybe.. uhm 2. XD

@ 2010rrsupercharged

I was just thinking you could - in the game menus - set time and let it run. But set and freezing the cycle (e.g always day ) is an idea..

EDIT:

Perhaps an cycle speed thingy x0(freeze) x1(normal) x5(4.8h) x10(2.4h)

And a set clock.

And a set weather (Type or changing).

Poor wording maybe.. uhm 2. XD

@ 2010rrsupercharged

I was just thinking set time and run. But set and freezing the cycle (e.g always day ) is an idea..

EDIT:

Perhaps an cycle speed thingy x0(freeze) x1(normal) x5(4.8h) x10(2.4h)

And a set clock.

And a set weather (Type or changing).

Yeah, i'll say it would be pre-set.

It would be cool if they used something like far cry 2,where go to sleep,and then set your watch alarm to what ever time you want,but instead off a watch they could use an alarm clock instead

good idea actually, but not sure how it would really fit into the game.:bananahello:

since this thread is dying! Can i ask, in tdu 1, whilst playing online, did you still have computer controlled cars?

I ask this because i thought they were actually quite cleverly put into the game, and without appearing from nowhere! added to it and could be a feature to add for the online players in TDU 2, thus having the 8 plyers + AI cars....

I am depending on Eden to make the offline cars better!

You could have AI bots in an online profile, but you had to go offline via the Options menu. Sometimes they would appear out of no-where though.

You don't have to worry about keeping these discussion threads 'alive'. If someone wants to ask about this topic or has a new idea, then they can post here. :)

You could have AI bots in an online profile, but you had to go offline via the Options menu. Sometimes they would appear out of no-where though.

You don't have to worry about keeping these discussion threads 'alive'. If someone wants to ask about this topic or has a new idea, then they can post here. :)

Yes, it's just i don't want offline players to melt into the background of the game! :bananajump:

(I'm going to use that phrase again one day!:lol:)

I think it's going to be similar to TDU1 with the AI cars (Who I thought were real players for a while until i realized that I didn't have XBL).

Weather should be the same as online. And probably police.

LOL same as me, thought it was free online somehow, (Always had wireless!) And only found out they wern't a few hours later! as for online police, I don't really know why you want them ,they were altogether a bit pointless!

• 2 weeks later...