We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Toyota chief test driver killed near Nurburgring accident with BMW Series 3

EmKill

Such a shame for the driver, it's sad to see that a BMW is safer than a Lexus.

Don't jump into conclusions without a complete picture. Other two drivers in BMW were much younger (I believe) so u can't really compare their safety on the basis of one single crash. I suppose both cars are quite safe but direct head on crash is something u can survive only if ur really lucky.

@Car Freak

hm are they the same Mythbusters that actually busted the myth about destroying bridges with synchronised marching? They are amusing but not always correct...I'll check out those videos though...

Heard about this on Jalopnik. Shame... Probably the only guy in the entire company who had gotten under 30 miles per gallon. And in relation to earlier discussions about safety, I did notice that. Head on crash, it seems, and nobody in the BMW was killed. It'll give the Germans something to brag about. "Vee 'ave gutten inzu un fatal aczident, untz ve af survived!"

Really, though, it's a shame. :( Rest in peace.

-Leadfoot

I herd about it on 7tune yesterday! A real shame, the guys a legend, playing a big part in the making of the 2000GT, and helped with cars such as the Original MR2, the AE86 and the Legendry sporting Toyotas from the 60's to now, and also one of Akio Toyoda's personal test drivers!

I havent read the link posted on the first post, although I find it a weird crash...and all the drivers were wereing helmets. I'm not going to make a guess on whats happened and wait to see what's made of it. Also it was a LF-A Nurburgring Edtion, a special limited edtion of a limited run of cars, had a few body mods and power, heres a pic to show you

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z23/calster-17/Car%20Pictures/2012lexuslfanurburgringedition001-5.jpg

But its a real shame that he's gone, one of the motor industrys unknowen heros!:( RIP Hiromu