We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Doctor G - Dodge Challenger RT sound mod (Hemi engine)

Doctor G.

Original video :

Sound mod (beta, release is a little different) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngM4m9fxHys

Download :http://www.mediafire.com/?8b3131dyyeqg96p

Thanks to blootmens (see this thread : http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=17142&page=6) for the video.

Note : Under 1000 rpm you can notice that the sound goes silenced, it's a bug happening with that bnk (happens with the default sound too) and I cannot do anything about it.

I like it, the only thing I wound work on is the on_high sound though

it sounds too high for a hemi V8.

But other then that I really like the cammed idle sound and the on_mid sound.

Good job

Thanks. About the onhigh I'm not sure it's too high pitched, just because it sounds exactly like in the video, same tonality at max rpm don't you think?

omfg,this is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!

would give you +rep but need to spread =/

anyway,take this reputation.gif as a symbolyc rep :lol:

@bullit

the sound its high pitched because in video the car is runnning w/o any exhaust,there is only small pipes from the manifold,so it's loud and angry :nuts:

Thanks. About the onhigh I'm not sure it's too high pitched, just because it sounds exactly like in the video, same tonality at max rpm don't you think?

You know what I think it is?

That on your car in TDU, the engine only is able to go to 5000 RPM

while that hemi on the youtube video must go up to at least 7000-8000RPM

Maybe if you raised you redline to about 7500RPM or higher and made the pitch lower you would have a smoother transition from on_med to on_high, and a nice and beast like high pitch sound at higher RPM's.

Thanks for your comments guys it's really helpful!

So, about this rpm story, do you think I shall make a lower pitched version for the Challenger? Because except the sounds I don't modify anything in that game (redline, ignition time etc.).

I think it sounds perfect that high pitched usually happens when the pipes end really close to the engine because the sound doesnt have to travel through long pipes to the end of the car which usually reduces the volume of the sound plus there is the muffler where as having short pipes the sound doesn't have as far to travel plus no muffler to go through which means it is higher pitched and high rpms

Thanks for these enlightments! I must say i know almost nothing about real engines (I don't even have my driver license) and my knowledge is limited to engine sounds in video games :s

I learnt a bit from my dad and a bit from car magazines LOL and youtube helps you a lot too :cheeky: and also being a car nut drives you to find out too

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@ Doctor G: maybe see it as a little request^^

Well as I wrote I use it for camaro too but there´s something a bit annoying. The max rpm of the camaro is higher than the one if the challenger. So the on highest rpm the camaro sounds exaclty like the rpm a bit below.

If you would fix that I´d love you! (Well not the serious way xD)

• 2 years later...