We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Concerns & Notices

Eudemon

A few people have asked for a specific thread where you the members can voice your concerns and also things that you may have noticed that are not as they should be. A good example that is always getting mentioned is the rims on the Ford GT for example as well as the visuals of the rain drops hitting the ground.

This is not a thread for you to post your wishlist or your dislike of a certain feature but more so about something that needs fixed or tweaked.

We'll compile the list and keep it together in the first post for ease of reference.

Please note again this is not a complaint topic or somewhere for you to post what you want in the game, it's for actual inaccuracies you have spotted in regards to what is shown in the game and media compared to the actual.

--------------------------------------------

Vehicle Models

* Ford GT - The rear rim is flat compared to it's real life counterpart.

* Koenigsegg CCXR Edition - Carbon Fibre weave is in a 'V' pattern on the real car.

* Aston Martin One-77 - Front air intakes do not appear to be completely hollow/see through as shown on ingame model. [Tobberian]

* Pagani Zonda Cinque - The rear wheel is deeper in reality but appears to have the same wheel as what is on the front. [bruce08]

* Aston Martin DBS Carbon Black - The wheels shown in the images appear to show darker standard wheels than the actual Carbon Black editions. The V12 Vantage in the same set of images show with the correct wheels. [kyle56]

* Pagani Zonda Tricolore - The wheels of the car are actually Gold with a blue centre, the pics show the wheels as the same as the Cinque. Plus the rear wheel is not deeper as in reality but appears to have the same wheel as what is on the front.

* Ford Mustang GT - The badging says GT, but the rear only has one exhaust pipe, meaning it's actually the V6 model. [gingervette]

Vehicle Related

* Light-up Dashboard/Dials - At night the dials hopefully light-up as you would expect, nothing has been shown of this so far.

* Digital Gauges - TDU was missing them and we're assured they are coming with TDU2, let's see them. :)

* Headlights - Headlights look weird with the glowing orbs and the somewhat downward beams. (See Gumpert Apollo and Ford GT in Environments trailer)

* Wheel Blur - 1. The wheels have blur and the tires don't. 2. The blur makes the rims look fake and flat, so far I think only the Camaro and 300SL had wheel blur which didn't make the rims flat-ish. [CLR-GTR]

* Wipers - We haven't seen these in action yet, with rain being in the game it would kind of seem crazy not to have them working. [CLR-GTR]

* Rim Reflection: Most rims, even on exotics, really hardly reflect anything. It'll be better for the diffuse colour of the rim to show up a bit more real. [CLR-GTR]

* Wheels through Ground - In some pics (especially the Shelby) wheels are shown as being in the ground. [CLR-GTR]

Environment

* Rain Drops - Rain drops seen so far in trailers look more like oil and are too big.

* Reflections - Roads reflect everything except cars. The cars only show up with a solid dark shadow plane below them. [CLR-GTR]

* Offroad - Concern about people being able to complete off-road challenges with high-end supercars as the routes look too smooth and flat. [CLR-GTR]

* Trees - In some areas it appears there's too many trees as in the E3 trailer you could see a plane flying through some. [CLR-GTR]

* Dust - The clouds of dust thrown up by 4x4's/SUV's off-roading so far has been far too little, I'm not after huge clouds that hang in the air for 5 minutes but something a little more convincing would help the atmosphere a great deal. [t.]

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VEHICLE RELATED:

Wheelblur:

1. The wheels have blur and the tires don't.

2. The blur makes the rims look fake and flat, sofar I think only the Camaro and 300SL had wheelblur which didn't make the rims flat-ish.

Wipers: where are they? We haven't seen them yet, and I personally think Eden will not implement them to avoid having to make flexible wipers that follow the curves of a car windscreen. I hope though they'll be in. Rain = wipers.

Rimcolor: rims like the ones on the TT-RS and DBS look a bit fake-ish, perhaps because somebody set the reflectionamount too high. I'd suggest a closer look at rimfinish properties, most rims, even on exotics, really hardly reflect anything. It'll be better for the diffuse color of the rim to show up a bit more real.

Car-world-allignment: I noticed it most at the Shelby pictures: the wheels stick through the ground.

ENVIRONMENT RELATED:

Reflections: roads reflect everything except cars. The cars only show up with a solid dark shadowplane below them.

Offroad: I'm still a bit concerned about people being able to complete offroad challenges with high-end supercars, the routes still look too smooth and flat.

Trees: as many pointed out, the airport needs to be cleared a bit of trees, because we all saw planes flying through the tops.

Ooh, Diablo. You should add this statement since people might be concerned about the buildings in Ibiza/Oahu.

--

Certain models can't be exactly the same with the real life counterpart because you need licenses for modeling things (and selling them to make a profit). There was a thread about Eden not modeling the streetlamps right, but an Eden member on this forum posted that they needed to model it differently because they needed a license if they wanted to model it exactly the same. Also, from the trailer released from E3, one member pointed out that the Ibiza airport was completely different and boring compared to the real life airport. This is also another licensing issue, so Eden had to model it differently as well.

--

And as for my concerns/notices, they're pretty much the same as CLR's list.

Yeah I really dont like how the rims look 2D basically with that stupid Blur effect...

Also I have a concern that car's paintjob is not reflective enough especially at full daylight. At night it is barely reflective and only to certain things.

Nice thread Diab. It would go perfectly alongside a Beta... *stares at Atari*

I have a few issues but I'll not throw them all down just yet.

1. Wheels. Without echoing exactly what everyone else has said they look terrible. 2D and the blurring effect really does not work. They also at times look white when I'm sure they should be grey or silver.

2. Car Motion. What I'm referring to here in particular is the way in which cars have gone through corners in the trailers thus far. They have looked stiff and rigid almost as if they were on rails at times.

3. Dust. It's the bane of my life on Bad Company 2 however TDU2 seems to have gone the other way. The clouds of dust thrown up by SUV's offroading so far has been far too little, I'm not after huge clouds that hang in the air for 5 minutes but something a little more convincing would help the atmosphere a great deal.

I hope these things are amended as best they can be, however with all but one of here having not actually played it we'll have to wait and see.

If you're going to post something guys at least make it somewhat clear what you're talking about, saying the lights need rendered more is not helpful.

t. I agree the trailers show cars that move in a stiff manner but from what I played and saw the cars didn't act like that apart from maybe the Zonda Cinque due to it being more stiff than the TT-RS and Mustang which especially had very apparent roll in the corners.

Open/Close Roof: When I saw the Audi TT opening the Roof was like... "unreal" because it seems to be something that appears from the nothing and covers the car, in few words, the animation of the opening roof is not well done. Maybe because we only saw the Audi TT and is like that in real life.

I hope that is clear what I'm trying to say...

Open/Close Roof: When I saw the Audi TT opening the Roof was like... "unreal" because it seems to be something that appears from the nothing and covers the car, in few words, the animation of the opening roof is not well done. Maybe because we only saw the Audi TT and is like that in real life.

I hope that is clear what I'm trying to say...

http://forum.turboduck.net/showpost.php?p=332384&postcount=61

@Rodrighazzo: I think the roofanimation is ok (not perfect, but not bad either). I looked at it and saw no cover on the car though, but it seems it's normal for the TT:

It seems there is no cover whatsoever placed over the roof... unlike cars like the CLK-Convertible:

I never noticed it before but when the roof is going up and a strike of lighting happens you can see the dynamic shadow of the roof in full effect. It's the little details you can miss but when you see them you appreciate them that much more. :D

Diablo..

I think your wrong here.. As seen in CLR-GTR's video, during movement, the cloth smoothly wrinkles precisely over the area where the supposed gap is.. thus there isn't any.

So you have a 4D screen and went inside to see that? Congrats, I want one, where did you get yours, el Giganten? :thumbsup:

Diablo..

I think your wrong here.. As seen in CLR-GTR's video, during movement, the cloth smoothly wrinkles precisely over the area where the supposed gap is.. thus there isn't any.

Watch the TDU2 video though and note that it does appear to be a join rather than a graphical gap. Also it's hard to tell on the actual due to the non bright background which would show a gap very clearly.

There is no gap, the "lines" are the supporting structure.

jaguar but same principle..http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8c/Jaguar_XK8_Cabriolet_rear_20070520.jpg

(audi model)

80164wht05.jpg

It's all very simple, IRL the wrinkling is there, in TDU2 not so.. they simply didn't bother with a wrinkling animation (let alone cloth-simulation.. understandable), and then trying to align two spherically inconsistent moving hard surfaces is impossible =gap.

Anyway it's no big thing.. as long as it lines up to invisible when it's closed (maybe model even exchanges).

[mod edit:] Please do not post images larger than 350KB, use a thumbnail or a text link instead, thanks!

I have another notice, which mainly comes from a friend of mine who loves the DBS.

He wonders why Eden haven't given the DBS a navigation screen.

For those who wonder, it should come out of the top of the dashboard (see here), but the TDU2 DBS dashboard has the covercap closed and it's unlikely they'll have an animation for that.

And another notice from my side:

Do ingame clocks (including those in cars) work? Sofar I haven't seen any confirmation of this yet. It's a detail alongside with instrument illumination which makes a big difference to the ingame experience, that you can look at clocks what time it is instead of having to go to mapmode or something like that.

Well if the nav is not there by default then it's more likely it won't be showed in the game as remember Eden are modelling from images either given or found of the actual car.

As for the clocks thing, that's not really a concern or notice, it's more of a want.

Another notice which I had for a while too, concerning the pop-up spoilers:

Is there an override option to raise it? In the Cars & Locations trailer (with the classical music) you can clearly see the thing goes up when the car is not braking. Is that an override-indication or is that a fault in the triggering of the spoiler?

EDIT: and this could be added too, somebody else indicated it earlier but I don't see it in this list:

The Esprit has Audi-rims.