We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Problems with iTunes

calster17

Hello, i have a problem with iTunes and was woundering if anyone here knows how to solve the problem!

It's a simple story, we got out computer rebooted and i've reinstalled itunes on it today. I've signed in on my iTunes account but i cant re-download the stuff i've allreaday bought. Is there a way to re-download the stuff i've bought or will i have to re buy it all? And considering how i've spent around £45 on music & App's i'm not wanting to rebuy stuff!

And with itunes beeing how it it, it would't suprise me if i try to add music onto my ipod, i'll wipe my ipods drive as 'the original files are not on the computer'

So anyone know how?

Thanks in advance, As i'll problay be away on holiday befour i read this!

No there is no way to redownload your purchases. You'll have to move them using an external hard drive, LAN, memory stick etc.

Activating your computer as stated above will allow you to play any protected files on the new new machine.

What you stated about the iPod is true. Find an iPod recovery utility before connecting the iPod to iTunes. Get your stuff back onto the PC and move it into iTunes. You'll still have to re sync the entire iPod because it knows that despite the content being the same it is a new library.

That, I think, is stupid on Apple's part.

PC's crash, and they know it (So do the fanboys, but let's not go there today!) and they're theoretically exploiting that. I think there should be a way to redownload your purchases... Hell, you can do it with the apps, so why not the music? If you've paid for it, it's legally yours...

But ah well. Hope you get your music library sorted :)

Stupid on the record labels part, their buzzword is piracy and the sheer thought of someone paying for something once and having access to it twice terrifies them. It could be made to work with technology but they don't want to know. It's the same thing that's hampered iTunes from the start.

I had this problem. I sent an email to Apple explaining it and they kindly let me redownload the songs I had brought.

Now that is very good to know, this I recommend. Much better than all the long winded crap.

Now that is very good to know, this I recommend. Much better than all the long winded crap.

You just have to hope the person who responds to the email is in a good mood. They could easily just say no and be done with it.

Stupid on the record labels part, their buzzword is piracy and the sheer thought of someone paying for something once and having access to it twice terrifies them. It could be made to work with technology but they don't want to know. It's the same thing that's hampered iTunes from the start.

If its the record companys who are to blame why can you redownload of other services? This is another reason i don't like apple even though i have a touch.

• 2 weeks later...

I know i'm Bumping this back up!

Just though i'd say that i've managed to fix it, all i id was hook up my iTouch to the PC and then it said somthing along the lines of "transfer your stuff to this iTunes account", and there it was! Although i did that after i'd came back from my holiday!

It's typical though, it was as simple as that!:o

Thanks for the ideas!:cool: