We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Looking for a TV

hpluls

I am dramatically behind the times, still watching TV on a phat CRT box from mid-90s. That said, I need a new one. Here's what I expect from it:

- 37 to 40 inches

- Preferably LED

- 3D not needed

- Going to be used mostly for watching TV, including non-HD channels

Could any of you recommend a good TV that fits the above description? Thanks in advance :)

If you're willing to ditch the LED thing, I would STRONGLY suggest an LG 37LG3000, my mum has the 42" model after asking me what TV she should buy and in my opinion its one of the best models out there. Its got stunning picture quality even on non-HD channels, its cheap for the size of it, and it looks stunning. :)

Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung

:D

Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung

+ 1 :D

+2

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

I'd also suggest the LG that Jazzi suggested as my mum and my brother both have the same model and I have an older but similar model. Great TVs, especially for their price.

We're all going to recommend what has worked for us best, I'm a definite Samsung convert since buying my 32" HDTV almost 5 years ago and it's still working today as the day it was delivered to me. On top of this about 20 people have bought Sammysung TV's on my recommendation and they have all panned out and are working brilliant plus they look good. I don't know if they use cheap parts or whatnot but picture quality and features are usually more than adequate for typical buyers and like I said from now for myself anyway Samsung will be the choice.

+3

The message you have entered is huge. Play call of duty.

Thanks for the advice everyone, will definitely take it into consideration. ;)

Also, does anyone know anything about the Sony Bravia lineup? I've been considering that too and would like to know if it's worth it or not.

I have one of the slightly older 40" models and it's brilliant. Never let me down in half a year of owning it. I strongly recommend it or a Samsung. :)

• 5 months later...

Well, maybe it's time to consider it again? :p

Saaaamsuuuuung....

Don't you just love people who have nothing better to do than browse through some damn old threads and then suddenly realize that their opinion is the most important one so they must post it even though the thread is many years old! :D