We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

4th Anniversary of TDU? (September)

Eudemon

Do you guys think it would be good if Eden/Atari were to do something to mark the 4th year that TDU was originally released for the Xbox 360 back in September 2006? (5th US/8th Euro) Perhaps this would be the perfect opportunity to do something regarding the Beta or even just a really epic trailer with scenes from TDU interspersed with how those same scenes look in TDU2.

I think this would be perfect for showing off new areas and how the game has improved and evolved since the original as well as giving notice to the community and the loyalty that is still given even today.

I'd be surprised if it's not been mentioned or even considered but even if not then they still got time and it would be a fitting tribute don't you think! :D

Cheers!

3465987567801.png.jpg

Of course this is a good idea. How can it not be? Something to mark the anniversary would be excellent even if it was a new trailer because frankly, information on TDU2 and communication from Atari/Eden has only got to go up from where they stand now.

It'd be good if they did do something and I hope that they do. I just don't see anything happening though which is a shame.

A gameplay trailer with flashbacks to TDU would be cool. For example you go over a jump on a road in TDU2 and mid-air you flashback to a similar thing in TDU1, perhaps the same part of road. Or going into a dealership, you have a flashback to what it looked like in TDU1.

Am I being to negative lately?

Nope! :D

I like the "same spots in both games" idea. If I had time, I'd make a 4th anniversary movie, but I'm not sure if I have time. I have been quietly considering doing so for a while, so I have some ideas.

But it would be nice if Atari did something at all for this.

-Leadfoot

They should launch the beta, or as proposed make a trailer where TDU1 and TDU2 get compared, both in cars as in roads. Show us how the ''left-over'' roads look like in TDU2, show how the models of car X have been improved, show some more convertible-top-animations...