We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

M3 vs. 2011 Mustang Cruise (8/2/2010)

killalldude

Found this while browsing the web and thought it would be a fun theme for a cruise.

stangvm3specchart.jpg

Date: Saturday, October 2nd

Time: 9:00 AM EST

Meeting Spot: Ford Island

Route: None, possible track stop

Speed: Rules, with fast driving in certain areas.

Character Requirements: None.

BMW M3 will be on the Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG. Mustang will be on the Stage II Saleen (Superchaged Saleen S218).

1. killalldude- BMW M3

2. veloceGT- BMW M3

3. venomscott- BMW M3

4. zo6dude- Ford Mustang GT

5. Revan174- Ford Mustang GT

6. ID Profile- Ford Mustang GT

Above shamefully nicked from zo6dude's other cruise threads.

stangvm3.jpg

m3vstang.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good car to put the Mustang on? The Mustang of course! Just throw a stage one kit on it.

Lol the new Mustang GT is a lot better than the old one. I thought just for this cruise it could go on something a little more powerful. I'm thinking maybe the CLS, SLK, XLR, or CTS.

;350554']The Saleen Mustang would probably work for the Mustang - but that is confusing with the whole "Extreme/Supercharged/Blah."

-Leadfoot

Yeah that Extreme/Supercharged/whatever the last one is thing confuses me sometimes. I remember once while installing a mod I thought was going to replace the Extreme actually replaced on one of the others, and I thought I did something wrong. :P

EDIT: I think I'll put the Mustang on the S281 Supercharged Coupe (the class D mustang, or level 2 Saleen mustang), for rpm/rev limiter realism, and closest performance to the Mustang without going balls-out 180 mph (like the S281 Extreme) or too slow (like the S281 3 Valve, slowest tuned mustang).

But I won't do that until the day of the cruise, since I'd have to change the rims and there's only 1 rim file for all 6 Saleen Mustangs. And I still like to drive my Extreme Coupe ;)

Still not sure if i will... what do you think?

Updated list and date.

@Revan174: Yeah I was considering using the Stage II Saleen Mustang for this cruise. I read somewhere that the rim size will become smaller if you use change the wheel when you buy the car stock from the Ford Dealer.

Buy a stock Mustang with the first rim option, this will allow you to have the nicer chrome rims, choosing any other rim option will make it a small size rim when you tune it to a Saleen. I think I can make it. I'll take some sort of Mustang like I said in my last post.

Oh gawd not THAT comparison, I actually got into an argument with some silly Amercians on youtube about which of these 2 is best. I don't care how quick that Mustang is, in the M3 your paying for the quality, the 'Stang will be bad quality, Im not open for discussion :P