We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

More cars from me.

Jacob

This time its a 2001 Chevorlet Silverado that dad baught off his boss.

-LS Trim

-4.8L Vortec V8

-191545 Km's

-255HP (not alot but its still good)

-285 torque

-No rust at all

-Tinted windows

-Power Everything

-Rhyno Lining

Pictures:

http://i51.tinypic.com/j0fhqv.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/v5wbxy.jpg

[mod edit:] Please do not post images larger than 350KB, use a thumbnail or a text link instead, thanks!

• 1 month later...
Nice pickup, but, sorry, what? Those power figures from FOUR POINT EIGHT LITRES?! What does it run on, coal? :lol:

Well The gas mileage would point to that lol. But for only having 255HP its pretty quick, and it has a nice brubble, to the exhaust not like everyone else in town, who has striaght piped dual exhuast that you can here from 3 miles away.

Nice pickup, but, sorry, what? Those power figures from FOUR POINT EIGHT LITRES?! What does it run on, coal? :lol:

It runs on 'Merican development. Those engines were as basic as you could get, because materials were cheap - in other words, if you want to add some more power, add a couple liters. Enthusiasts proved that the engines could be refined (you see Chevrolet LS engines being modded to truly insane power outputs), but I guess the companies didn't feel it was worth the money.

They're not very precise or refined, but as far as workhorses are concerned, they get the job done. I've ridden in many of them on rides up and down mountains (mostly for snowboarding, but also for lugging stuff around), and they can really haul, snow or dirt, at 75 miles per hour on mountains. Oh, and it's one of those "drive it through a snowbank or into a ditch, it'll come out again (and if not, just find another one)" trucks.

/not a truck fan, but the Silverado needed some more support. :)

-Leadfoot

;368925']It runs on 'Merican development. Those engines were as basic as you could get' date=' because materials were cheap - in other words, if you want to add some more power, add a couple liters. Enthusiasts proved that the engines [i']could[/i] be refined (you see Chevrolet LS engines being modded to truly insane power outputs), but I guess the companies didn't feel it was worth the money.

They're not very precise or refined, but as far as workhorses are concerned, they get the job done. I've ridden in many of them on rides up and down mountains (mostly for snowboarding, but also for lugging stuff around), and they can really haul, snow or dirt, at 75 miles per hour on mountains. Oh, and it's one of those "drive it through a snowbank or into a ditch, it'll come out again (and if not, just find another one)" trucks.

/not a truck fan, but the Silverado needed some more support. :)

-Leadfoot

Exactly! Plus +1! When we had our first silverado. They would plough the roads, and there would be 3 foot high walls of snow in the middle of the road, and you needed to get over there so you pounded your way through with ease, then other people could get through, and we've put them in a ditch then through it in 4wd and drove out.

• 5 weeks later...

Nah, I'm sure it's a nice pickup and I'm not trying to belittle it.

I'm just amazed every time by how bad the power figures are from American engines in relation to the displacement.

I still miss the old '75 Land Rover Series III my dad had, we sold it in summer 2006. It was 2.25 litres and made 80hp but it would pull a tractor trailer loaded with hay bails easily. It was also the kind of thing you could probably drive straight through a small brick wall and keep going. :)

Truck Broke down, and we needed a boost, Dad said its because its cold and the battery isn't charging, but he also noes nothing about cars, me and mom on the other had think the alternators starting to go. but its been working without a hitch now so Idk.

I was thinking the alternator before you said it but you said it's working fine again now so I don't know either.

The alternator's on it's way out on my mum's old Golf GTI. It makes a whining/whistling noise like a turbo or a supercharger spooling up and going to full chat from 2500RPM onwards. It's quite comical really.

• 1 month later...

Truck broke down AGAIN! Last week changed the battery because it was dead. Still wouldn't fire. Checked altenator, thats fine. Changed Fuel Filter still nothing. put in gas liine anti-freeze because the lines might have been frozen.. Still nothing.

Me, the mechanic, and my moms mechanical friend think its the fuel pump.. BOTH fuel pumps.. Nothing like chucking $1100 out. Its also been sitting for the past two weeks..

In other news. The Chargers Powersteering exploded for the 3rd time. Due to those explostions the steering rack is leaking. So now we need a new rack and pinion.. Also $1100.

In other.. other news the Annoying little Kia is running perfectly.. Damn you Kia.. Damn you..