We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The game prefers dual core processors?

forzaL

I need to replace my current PC and I want to buy a computer that will run TDU. I read so many opinions about system requirements but I got confused. I have to choose between two HP workstations, one of them is an intel P4 3000 mhz HT and the other is a 1.8mhz Dual Core (or core 2 duo, the description is not clear). Some experienced that the game runs much better on a non dual core 3+GHZ than on a dual core computer. What do you think, which one should I choose? I would prefer the dual core one, but if the game doesn't run well on it than I rather choose the other one.

Thanks!!!

I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2.2Gh dual core) and I had to install the AMD Optimizer to clear up the slight stuttering I was getting. Works great, too. I have a 512meg 9800GT GPU and I run TDU with everything on max and HDR @ 1680x1050/32 and I only get a slight bit of stutter in the city if I'm with 7 others.

I'd highly advise you not to get a P4 unless the only game you plan on playing for the rest of your life is TDU. P4's are great for just web browsing and word processing. However, you you plan to game, Dual Cores will be better far better. You should probably get something that runs 2.0GHZ or faster if you want to make it slightly more future proof though.

But if TDU is the only game you want to play, TDU will run just fine on a P4 ;).