We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Racing wheel suggestions?

MrEpicCar

So, the last racing wheel I had was a MadCatz, it did not support PC/360/PS3s at all. Only the GC/Xbox/PS2. Sadly, that was like.... 4-6 years ago.

After doing research and realizing how 'realistic' steering wheels these days are, instead of 90 degrees, they are 900...

Then, I searched "popular pc racing wheels" I found the Logitech G25/G27. Logitech has always been my friend but, Amazon just pierced my heart.... Market Place sellers were selling them both around 400 USD. Luckily for me, I did not have the angry gamer in myself, so I did not throw my 19 inch monitor.

I continued Googling... then came upon Fanatec. I went straight to the "Buy Product" tab to see how much the wheels cost. I expected 600 USD, but the lowest was 159.95... which is what I'm basically asking about. It's the Fanatec 911 Carrera. Although it's the cheapest of all, it is the one that comes with everything without a ridiculous price.

I'm searching for a racing wheel with a 900 degree steering angle, H pattern shifter, with a regular pedal with clutch. My budget is 200 USD. I'm really not gonna spend extra just for a steering wheel, since I have... other things to spend my money on. :P

So, Fanatec 911 Carrera...? or anything better at a good price? :lol:

By the way, I'm not trying to make a topic saying that "Logitech wheel suck" and stuff... It's just... expensive.... man.

Well, the new fanatec 911 GT2 would be the best, but it lacks reliability. And if you don't have an Xbox you'd better buy a Gt3RS with shifter. (warning fanatec really lacks reliability)

I own my 360, but eh... the best game I know is FM 3 and that's really.... lame of myself.

I honestly don't see the difference between the GT3 RS and the Carrera (just the wheel paint, FF motors, vibration motors, etc...)

I would be getting the Fanatec 911 GT2 if I never built my new computer though... :o

G27 in my opinion if money not an issue :) I have had 1 problem with Logitech and the whole wheel was replaced along side my G5 :)

On Amazon, The G27 costs like $300 while the G25 costs $600 huzzah for ridiculous marketplace sellers!

I've been looking on eBay like what Ryzza5 suggested me to do, and I found this G25... for like 80 something bucks and there was 11 hrs left.

But, this following quote of the seller irritated me... (although I'm used to it).

"Shipping to lower 48 states only and accepting Paypal only." :sulk:

I liked the G25 more because of the switch to the sequential shifter, but I know the G27 has 'realism' in it...

Any considerations on the 911 Carrera though?

It's like... 159.95 for the wheel/shifters/pedals.

I don't know if the quality is more like crap than the others. It's quite weird though... :eek:

There aren't many Fanatec owners here. It's not my fault they decided to name their wheels after the manufacturer that has the most confusing model line-up :lol:

The G25 stick-shift is good, but you can live without it. If you're after fast laps, etc, it's quicker to use the paddles usually anyway. There's not a great deal of difference between the G25/G27, you'll be very happy with either one. Since the G25 has been around longer, it'll be supported out of the box in a greater number of games. Neither of them will work on the Xbox though.

I tried to buy the G25, i was out of luck because i was informed in several stores that the G25 is a discontinued project.

I looked onto the G27 but it was too expensive, 299,99€ if im not mistaken

I saw the fanatec 911 Carrera wheel, 3 pedals, H shifter, Nice wheel, and i liked it, and i think im getting it for xmas, i checked the videos on youtube about it and i did really like it :)

There aren't many Fanatec owners here. It's not my fault they decided to name their wheels after the manufacturer that has the most confusing model line-up :lol:

The G25 stick-shift is good, but you can live without it. If you're after fast laps, etc, it's quicker to use the paddles usually anyway. There's not a great deal of difference between the G25/G27, you'll be very happy with either one. Since the G25 has been around longer, it'll be supported out of the box in a greater number of games. Neither of them will work on the Xbox though.

I have literally no luck with the G27... Most sellers don't ship to Alaska which epicly fails... >.<

Does that mean Fanatec has less supported games?

I tried to buy the G25, i was out of luck because i was informed in several stores that the G25 is a discontinued project.

I looked onto the G27 but it was too expensive, 299,99€ if im not mistaken

I saw the fanatec 911 Carrera wheel, 3 pedals, H shifter, Nice wheel, and i liked it, and i think im getting it for xmas, i checked the videos on youtube about it and i did really like it :)

Right now, on Amazon they only have it for 400... eBay varies, since there are a lot of bidders out there... I just noticed that Logitech also sells G27s... ._.

The only store that sells Fanatec wheels are.... Fanatec itself.

I don't see much videos compared to the other Fanatec wheels on YouTube, so I can't do my hardcore research. :mad:

So far my picks are....

Logitech G25

Fanatec 911 Carrera...

Now, I just need to know the difference. :twisted:

Hey man :)

I did a quick search on the G25 and the Fanatec and to me, in my opinion, the G25 looks like a more solid build AND if it breaks, Logitech will, well, should replace it if it is in the warranty and a lot more people own G25's from what I gather :) Hope you find the right wheel.

Hey man :)

I did a quick search on the G25 and the Fanatec and to me, in my opinion, the G25 looks like a more solid build AND if it breaks, Logitech will, well, should replace it if it is in the warranty and a lot more people own G25's from what I gather :) Hope you find the right wheel.

Hey! :p

Uh, I'm found a 80 dollar G25 on eBay that ended for like $100... It fails cause, they don't ship to Alaska... The product itself was fine, with a few mods on it... but no shipping to Alaska...

Speaking about Logitech and warranties I need to know if Fanatec does warranties with their products too...

I would spend that little bit extra and get the G27 :)

Yes, find out from Fanatec about their warranties and also, ask the seller on ebay how old it is and proof of when he 1st bought it :)

That auction already ended... :sulk: the lucky guy whoever bought it gets modded pedals... The rest is stock. :P

I'm now watching a Fanatec 911 Carrera that's 100USD... so far.

I heard that Fanatec wheels come with a two year warranty.

I guess it's time for me to sell some of the computer parts I bought from TigerDirect but my parents mysteriously bought a better version of the product (HD4350 to HD5670) *cough*

Maybe sell some of my $100+ RCs. :p

If you find an auction on Ebay that you really want to win - head over to GIXEN - Free eBay Auction Sniper, log in using your Ebay credentials. Copy the Ebay Item ID number into the gixen website and type in your absolute maximum bid there. The website will then wait until 2--5 seconds before the auction ends and place the lowest winning-bid possible (up to your max). It's called 'sniping'. Some call it unfair, others call it convenient - I've never lost an auction using it (unless it went beyond my max bid).

So if you do find a G25 and decide to snipe it with a max bid of $200, then the website will wait until the last second - up until this point no bids will be placed by you, so you won't be bumping up the price. If the bid at the end is $125, then it'll place a bid for you at the next lowest possible bid, which is something like $127.50, and you'll win. :)

I bought my G25 for a cheap price off eBay as well. And I thought that software was illegal but I guess not! Haha. In my experience, all my stuff from Logitech has been great, especially my wheel which has lasted me a while. I would sell you mine as I don't use it often but postage would probably outweigh the actual price :D

I suggest keep lookiing of the internet for some cheeeappp prices ;)

GIXEN - Free eBay Auction Sniper[/url], log in using your Ebay credentials. Copy the Ebay Item ID number into the gixen website and type in your absolute maximum bid there. The website will then wait until 2--5 seconds before the auction ends and place the lowest winning-bid possible (up to your max). It's called 'sniping'. Some call it unfair, others call it convenient - I've never lost an auction using it (unless it went beyond my max bid).

So if you do find a G25 and decide to snipe it with a max bid of $200, then the website will wait until the last second - up until this point no bids will be placed by you, so you won't be bumping up the price. If the bid at the end is $125, then it'll place a bid for you at the next lowest possible bid, which is something like $127.50, and you'll win. :)

Never heard of it, but I'll give it a try! :D

Sad thing is that, most auctions has a shipping price of $70-90. :hmm:

I bought my G25 for a cheap price off eBay as well. And I thought that software was illegal but I guess not! Haha. In my experience, all my stuff from Logitech has been great, especially my wheel which has lasted me a while. I would sell you mine as I don't use it often but postage would probably outweigh the actual price :D

I suggest keep lookiing of the internet for some cheeeappp prices ;)

What was that 'cheap' price? :)

I need to search sites other than eBay... maybe look after Christmas?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(The edited part)

I decided to stay with the G25, as I love the way the shifter looks and the fact that it has stronger Force Feedback on some games.

I need help searching for a G25 or G27 that costs $210 or less...

Bump... again.

I found the Fanatec 911 Carrera on eBay for like... 100 bucks.

But, I don't see much reviews and I... don't watch SRT (simracingtonight) videos since they're too long. :-x

I was planning on changing the steering wheels and shifter knob. I'm supposing I can only change the knob...?

So, if I buy this Carrera (not the car :cheeky:) Will I ever regret it?

I know for a fact that it won't go higher than 200USD, since it only costs like 160 with rip-off shipping.

There were reliability issues a while ago but I haven't heard anything Fanatec related in a long time, and not many people here use them, so I don't think these are the best forums to be asking unfortunately. I think Iced_Bullet had one of the very first Fanatec wheels when they were more-or-less still in Beta - not sure if he still has it or not.

the prices all over the world are confusing over here on trademe (NZ and Australia only version of Ebay) A fanatec GT3 wheel is like $600 while a G25 is only like $350

Yeah, it might be because of Christmas.

It gives people the "right" to sell racing wheels for twice or even quad the price. :eek:'

I don't know if I really should get a Fanatec or wait to get a Logitech.

Since I'm watching videos, I can't really tell the difference between performance.

I mean, both companies have wheels that have everything I desire... but I don't know what feels "real" :lol:

It's because Fanatec is a small company and the Pacific is a small marketplace for Fanatec products. Logitech already ship loads of stuff to us so it's not much work to add extra products to the mix. A new company has to find distributors, stores, and so on, assuming there's a demand for the product.

I can't find anywhere to by a new ButtKicker V2 in Australia for similar reasons.