We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Day and Night Cycle (joke?)

iLLGT3

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the demo for the original crackdown you could max out your agent in approx 10mins.

this was an accelerated development purely for the demo purposes.

it's understandable for demo/preview purposes that tdu2s day/night cycle would take 24mins.

if this is what is being said in the article.

hopefully more will start to realise that a came can be at a stage of completion without the content of the release version being finalised...

I read Destra's "explanation" and wondered if he works for the government, LOL. All those words to say, like he did at the start, 1 minute = 6 seconds. Then he should have said, "therefore, TDU2 time is 1/10 of real time. So, 24 hours in TDU2 time (divided by 10) is equal to 2.4 hours in real time.

Done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you are with me on this, and if it can even be achieved, but I think Online and Offline should have different time cycles.

Online should have a permanent and continuous time cycle for everyone. However Offline should have its own time cycle so you can sleep or rest in the game, in order to drive in the time of the day you want. When you log online, the time automatically changes to the permanent online cycle. I guess its not fair if you are playing offline to wait a full hour to play during the day or during the night.

What do you think about it?

Perhaps this is done for the preview build so that those playing can experience the full cycles as you know what some reviewers are like, 1-2 hours and they're done. You do get some decent ones sure but they are usually the minority.

As for the handling without knowing what control system they were using and also any tweaks to the settings it's hard to gauge how crap or horrid the handling is from vids. I can't see this game being screwed up in the core areas but then hey these things happen and whoever makes the decision for it needs kicked in the shins repeatedly if it turns out to be the case.

From what I understood this is exactly the case. I can't quite understand why everyone got all in a tissy over what someone said on the steam forums when I know that somewhere on THIS forum I read that the cycle was shorter for review versions, or maybe is was on that VVV guy.

It's also my understanding that in the VVV videos when he test drives a car, when its over all the cars in the dealership are different to allow the reviewer to see more cars in less time. Again, something I read here.