We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

To be an actor..

Fear Deer

Hello people,

My great great life wish is to be a pilot, though as i get older i reccon its very hard for me to ever get to be a pilot, because its expensive, and..damn!

I reccon i have talent for representing, because i can fake emotions, and lie pretty well, and make people believe in my lies, well but lying aint good, and no im not a liar, but sometimes in very harsh situations, i have to lie xD so i aint punished by ma parents, and i can fool teachers too. anyways, appart from that story, i do reccon im good at representing, im natural while representing, but thats all in my opinion lol, 2 or 3 friends of mine also say im great at representing, and i would also like an actor life, camera's, etc..

But uhm how is it possible to ever become an actor, castings? and what type of castings?! how to get in the castings?!

Id appreciate some feedback on the best ways to try out being an actor, by a casting or something, and please dont think this is just a "teenager dream" because i do reccon i have a bit of talent and i always was jealous of actor's work etc..

Thanks

I don't know about Portugal, in Finland we have some kind of theatre schools but I think its pretty hard to get into one. I'm currently trying to get some reputation (lol) by taking part in school plays and summer theatre, as my #1 dream job atm is to be an actor :) But you gotta think about it in the way that it can be a nice hobby but you don't need to do it for living.

If you're still in school (middle/high school) then take drama as one of your electives. At my school when there's a play, some 'judges' from some organization (idk the name) give awards to induvidual students which are nationally recognized and would look good on your resume. If you can't change your schedule, then take drama courses outside of school.

Also, there are local plays where local people perform. Of course, you have to try out, go to the rehersals, etc. but it would be good experience.

I hope this helps :).

If you're still in school (middle/high school) then take drama as one of your electives. At my school when there's a play, some 'judges' from some organization (idk the name) give awards to induvidual students which are nationally recognized and would look good on your resume. If you can't change your schedule, then take drama courses outside of school.

Also, there are local plays where local people perform. Of course, you have to try out, go to the rehersals, etc. but it would be good experience.

I hope this helps :).

Thanks ;) But there in my school there's the theatre club, and everyone in my class and ppl i know are childish enough at the point, of making fun and never leaving me in peace if they saw me representing or in such club :/

I could try some youtube shows, but actually im a bit shy when im asked questions or i have to talk about somethinb, but if i have to improvise, or play a role, acting, im not shy at all and im quite natural.

I have to see what i can do... :/

Thanks

Thanks ;) But there in my school there's the theatre club, and everyone in my class and ppl i know are childish enough at the point, of making fun and never leaving me in peace if they saw me representing or in such club :/

I could try some youtube shows, but actually im a bit shy when im asked questions or i have to talk about somethinb, but if i have to improvise, or play a role, acting, im not shy at all and im quite natural.

I have to see what i can do... :/

Thanks

1. If that's a matter of life and death you should just forget about it. You gotta cope with people making fun of you. You know, I think most actors have some kind of hate clubs. They'll send you hate mail and you're like "OMG NOOOOOO" and we all know that's not going to work, right?

2. You can't be shy even a bit and even in that kind of situations if you wanna be an actor. Think about the Award Galas, the red carpets where there are loads of press members to interview you. They ask you questions. Loads of them.

E: another thing, have you ever acted in a play?

It doesn't matter what they think, all that matters is you. It's your life, and live it the way you want to. Who cares if someone makes fun of you because you joined the theater club? Kind of like the way I'm like who cares if they hate Chrysler, I love them. ;)

I'd highly recommend you join the theater club. It will be an easy way for you to learn/gain experience without wasting much of your time and energy, and you'll make new friends.

1. If that's a matter of life and death you should just forget about it. You gotta cope with people making fun of you...

2. You can't be shy even a bit...

:agreed:

#1 I learned a while ago.

#2 I learned a few months ago. You can't be shy if you want to go far in life ;).

@repy

yea ur right, and im not a shy person, but in front of camera's, if im not supposed to act i might get, but i see some actors too like that on tv, on interviews they get a bit shied out, but when representing ( fooling a teacher or making someone believe me^^ ) im convincent, and natural.

And yea lol i already took part in school plays when i was 5 years old, 6, 7, 8 and last one i was 9 xD. I got the main role once lol xD,

@Killalldude

Ur right ;) il check that out, but im kinda embarrassed to tell my PARENTS that id like to try out a casting... :(

@Ryzza5

Appreciate it mate ;) but amadora is a bit far from me, i couldnt leave my school, im in the Science and technology area,10th year, cant abandon it to go to an acting school, specially far from my house lol, its maybe 160km away, south. Thanks tho ;)

I might do 1 or 2 Youtube acts or so and show you guys...to get opinions.thanks ;)

Good luck on that :D But you do realize that acting is much more than just fooling teachers and faking your feelings, right? You gotta get so deep into your role that you gotta really feel sad if the character has to feel sad. You can't be yourself on the stage/in front of the cameras. Hope I have helped :)

Good luck on that :D But you do realize that acting is much more than just fooling teachers and faking your feelings, right? You gotta get so deep into your role that you gotta really feel sad if the character has to feel sad. You can't be yourself on the stage/in front of the cameras. Hope I have helped :)

Yes i understand that, its not my life wish to be an actor, my life wish is to be a pilot; acting is, though, a great wish, and yea i understand its just not fooling teachers etc, or faking emotions, ( tho i can cry or get pale if i want too, with a bit of effort, on purpose :lol: )

Il see about joining theatre club ;

THANKS!!