We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

*warning* a newbie is in the house LOL

AustralianMade

greetings all, i'm a modder (with 10 years experience)

here is my CV as it were

Gearhead garage(no race, but mechanics game)

streetrod3 (sequel to the best racing game ever - community project, that died)

f1challenge (assisted in putting cars ingame for "ausmod" -

world racing 1

world racing 2

alarm for cobra,

racer (dont a little bit of work with this)

Midtown Madness 2 (same as above invesigated a little)

as you can see i'm not a n00b in that sense

now these games are ok, but i'm looking to further expand my modding skills to a new format,

and i've always been a fan of test drive..since the early days, what i'd like to know if someone could take me through a down and dirty, ie fast way to making a mod for this game, i've got about 300 odd cars i can use, but i havent a clue where to start, so ok here's my website ammods

tell me where to begin and then as i do each stage i'll come back and ask more questions, i know you cant add mods to this game, as you can with the aforementioned so i'm happy to replace,

ok first question, what do i do first..i've got zmodeler2.2.4 where to from here?

thanks in advance

Welcome! :) Interesting history, there; I played MM2 back when it was new, but haven't in years :( (and was too early for the whole modding scene). Alarm fur Cobra was cool, too, and I got to try some of the mods for that. But Racer! Haha, I loved that one! It was such a niche game, and I never got the H-shifter to work, but I loved it anyway. :) Great so see someone else who's heard of it.

As far as entering the TDU world, there is, unfortunately, very little documentation. One of the modders, Tool831, created a brief intro to importing a car that could be useful. Before you start, though, you'll need Djey's TDU Modding Tools, which allows you to open and extract from TDU's annoying .bnk files. You might also need to contact an experienced modder, but be warned - some of them are less than pleasant and short-tempered. I'm sure you can find someone to answer your questions, though. :)

List of stuff:

Brief Tutorial (Tool831)

Djey's Modding Tools

1.68B "Community Patch" (This is not strictly necessary, but it helps out)

Before you can do anything with changing files, you will need something called a "magic map" (which you may already have, depending on whether you've used mods yet), which lifts the size restrictions of the .BNK files. But that should come with several of the above automatically. :)

Happy modding and good luck! :)

-Leadfoot

Hi,

I'm not a modder properly - rather programmer-, but if you have questions concerning 1.68 patch, tdu modding tools and TDU mechanics I'll try to help :)

I've also made a piece of rev. engineering onto this game.

so welcome and good luck!

Welcome to our TDU world AustralianMade! :)

Unfortunately, I can't help you with 3D stuff, but if you need some help with texture editing, I'm your guy. ;)

Also, this could be a good place to start - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/182347/Modding%20TDU/Build/Doc/TDU%20Modding%20capitalization.pdf

btw.

If I can remember correctly, I've seen video tutorials for TDU car mods on some Russian site few months ago. I can search for it and post links again here if you are interested?

Bye, and enjoy. ;)

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) -- -- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) -- -- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

this would be something that i'd like to insert into tdu, dont know if anyone would download it, but it'd be something 'd release..umm pay for it..so they went down the same road as those "other money hungry pigs" grrr. no offense guys but that just blows donkeys...well you know lol

ok i have everything that i need now,

so here's a thought, would anyone be interested in making a "template" of sorts, ie take one of my mods and set it all out, and then i can simply copy what you've done..of course you'll be credited for helping me..i'm very interested in following this up

if anyone is interested, send pm here and we'll set this up cheers all.