We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Fanatec support is awesome!!

Fear Deer

I received a fanatec 911 carrera on xmas and it worked PERFECTLY.

loved the wheel

second day it didnt turn on.

i emaild fanatec and no reply

emailed the day after and no reply

You might be thinking thats bad, well i dialed fanatec and im extremely happy with their support.

A very kind sir, answered me, he found my emails when i mentioned the email ( if i hadnt called im sure they would reply sooner or later cose he had the e-mails ) and he is SHIPPING ME A NEW POWER SUPPLY TOMORROW!!

And if it doesnt work, he told me to tell him via e-mail and a new wheel will be shipped!!!!

HAAPPPPYY!!

Fanatec is awesome ;)

If you'r in doubt between logitech and fanatec, id say fanatec.

Logitech doesnt sell G25's anymore, at least not in my country, and G27 is damn expensive, and the fanatec 911 carrera cost 160€ including shipping and its a damn great wheel.

i had bad luck of a malfunction, doesnt mean youl have it too ;)

@Softie The wheel felt great, i just had bad luck, it broke down overnight, maybe the wheel's fine and the problem is the power adapter, we'll see :)

Anyways their support was awesome, and there are tons of happy ppl with fanatec.

I have my trust on them.

@Sponge :P Yea thats a nice method :P i trust fanatec :)

I was looking at their GT2 wheel and clubsport pedals the other day, but decided against it because:

1) I already have a G25, and would have nothing to use it for afterwards

2) While the packages costs around US$500, the Australian reseller I cam across charges AUD$700+

3) I'm still not sold on Fanatec reliability yet, as your case lends further weight to. Their support has to be brilliant since they are the underdog in most places. I don't want to have to rely on international support - if I have to ship something back to them at my expense it could cost quite a heck of lot.

If i read correctly on their site they pay any shipment back to them that during warranty

im not sure but i think i read that

my 911 carrera wheel with H shifter, which is much better than G25's, its more stiff, G25's can be moved with 1 finger, and with the 3 pedals with realistic resistance, cost me 160€ with shipping.

They are shipping me a power supply for free, and if problem persists, they send me a whole new wheel! they didnt say about me returning this one, only proof they had was a video they asked on the email

:)

I had to deal with them when my 911 Turbo wheel broke for the first time and they replied literally within seconds. I've never had customer support like that. Even though since I live in Australia and they unfortunately can't deal with faulty fanatec wheels outside of Europe, he gave me an Australian reseller's number where I got my broken wheel shipped off and returned with a refurbished one free of charge. But being Australia, the person who repaired this wheel obviously didn't do an excellent job repairing it since It looks like I'm going to have to ship it over east again... :evil:

In my opinion, the Logitech G25/7 range are excellent for their reliability, compatibility and functionality. Everything you would expect from the continent in which they are made. Fanatec on the other hand lacks in most of those areas but excels in one area: Feel. After using both the Fanatec feels the best. (If you can ever manage to get it to work) The FF is so much more smooth as well as having the ability to rip your sodding hand off! Logitech is Toyota and Fanatec is Alfa Romeo. If you watch Top Gear, you'd know what I mean ;)

@Ryzza: I don't know if you like Ebay but there is a company on there called Paganian Imports. They are really, really good value. If you keep an eye on them, A GT2 will pop up. I got my turbo from them for AU$269.

I had to deal with them when my 911 Turbo wheel broke for the first time and they replied literally within seconds. I've never had customer support like that. Even though since I live in Australia and they unfortunately can't deal with faulty fanatec wheels outside of Europe, he gave me an Australian reseller's number where I got my broken wheel shipped off and returned with a refurbished one free of charge. But being Australia, the person who repaired this wheel obviously didn't do an excellent job repairing it since It looks like I'm going to have to ship it over east again... :evil:

In my opinion, the Logitech G25/7 range are excellent for their reliability, compatibility and functionality. Everything you would expect from the continent in which they are made. Fanatec on the other hand lacks in most of those areas but excels in one area: Feel. After using both the Fanatec feels the best. (If you can ever manage to get it to work) The FF is so much more smooth as well as having the ability to rip your sodding hand off! Logitech is Toyota and Fanatec is Alfa Romeo. If you watch Top Gear, you'd know what I mean ;)

+ 100000

It's amazing, but reliability wise... ... .... Who really cares about that anyway? Moving on... :whistle:

I have to say, the 911Gt3RS is an magificent wheel, the clubsport pedals are awesome, but fanatec products are the most unreliable ever (my pedals are still good though). My wheel is now broken for 3 months and i was promised an up-grade 1 week after it broke down, I'm still waiting for it though. An those upgrade kits will take a while.

Sorry for the Triple post but theres an update :P

I got the new adapter and no its not the problem, wheel will only work if we unplug and replug adapter tons of times, but fanatec said they'd ship me a new wheel without returning this one for now to make it speedier, but they also made me a special offer, for 50€ more they would ship me the higher Class Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 wheel and i could keep my pedals and shifter to combine with the GT3 RS V2 wheel.

I accepted the offer :p

FANATEC FTW

It sounds a little squiffy about the "Pay us a little more and you can have a better wheel which costs us absolutely no more money to make than the cheapest"

But... At least they've let you keep the wheel. Thrustmaster actually expected me to return a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle of a RGT...

The GT3 RS V2 costs more money than the carrera, for costumer, and for producing, it has handstitched alcantara wrap and it has 3 force feedback motors if i read correctly, and im quite sure the carrera has only 1 motor, and if im not wrong either the GT3 RS V2 has Light up wheel buttons.

And its lot more expensive than the carrera, the GT3 RS V2 without pedals and shifter is the same price as the carrera with all that XD

i could have just get my wheel exchanged for another carrera for free, but i chose the special offer, 50€ for a high class wheel :-D!

• 5 months later...