We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Good Day? Post Your Story Here!

Ryzza5

:drool: It's great, brilliant infact. Obviously interior is not Porsche quality, but it's definitely good quality. We haven't yet booked a test drive but we did get a rev, which was fun. It sounds fantastic, not at all like in videos or anything, it's got real grunt. There's tons of space in the front so I'd say you could move the seat forward and fit a full sized person like myself in the back, which I plan on testing when we get our test drive.. :lol: Oh, and the orange colour is actually fairly nice, wouldn't be my first choice though.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:drool: It's great, brilliant infact. Obviously interior is not Porsche quality, but it's definitely good quality. We haven't yet booked a test drive but we did get a rev, which was fun. It sounds fantastic, not at all like in videos or anything, it's got real grunt. There's tons of space in the front so I'd say you could move the seat forward and fit a full sized person like myself in the back, which I plan on testing when we get our test drive.. :lol: Oh, and the orange colour is actually fairly nice, wouldn't be my first choice though.

I love the orange, It'd probably be my first choice colour.

As for the back space :hmmm: I've seen more than one video that says it's not good at all but who cares when it comes to a car like this, it's mostly aimed at 20-30 year olds that most likely won't have a child anyway.

Yeah, it's a 2+2. The +2 being if you really need, there is room for 2 in the back xD I thought it was pretty small looking through the window, but when I got in the seat felt way way back with loads of space up front. And knowing what the Celica's like I think you could fit in alright, just not for 200 mile round trips :p

There's tons of space in the front so I'd say you could move the seat forward and fit a full sized person like myself in the back, which I plan on testing when we get our test drive.. :lol: Oh, and the orange colour is actually fairly nice, wouldn't be my first choice though.

How tall are you? I'm circa 187 cm, will I fit in it? :p

I think this one is money. Wheels are too big for the car, though. I prefer 18 inch.

Well I'm 6' on the dot, you're 6'1" so... maybe. Could be a little tighter for you, but it depends if you height is in your legs or your torso.

Lol agreed, it looks nice but the wheels are just too big. TRD 86 for me...

That's a good question. To be honestly, I have no clue but I think the height is in my legs. :hmmm:

The TRD one looks super cool! I'd mold the front bumper "add-on" for cleaner look.

I would love to have a Toybaru (it's a Scion here though:hmmm:) I would trade in my truck in for one if that was a possibility.

Buy a trailer for transporting your FR-S to Laguna Seca. You'll be a proper racer then. :lol:

(north)[/color][/size]Americans have a tough choice, the BRZ is better equiped but the FR-S is cheaper and better looking. After seeing the GT86 in the flesh I know which I'd choose..

Personally I don't think I'd need all that many options if I were to buy one. Just get me an Orange FRS and I'll be happy with it. For now though, I don't have that luxury so I'll just stick with my big brute of a truck.

I was driving about today in my dads Ford Ranger pickup truck and I needed to do a u turn in an empty dirt lot. I gassed it a little too much and discovered I could drift the truck like that. When I was done doing what I had to do, I spent a little time hooning the Ford Ranger. That was the most fun I've had behind the wheel so far and it made my day.

Anyway, just got my RAC car Insurance renewal letter (yes I know this is not the bad day thread)

5 year membership discount - $92.48

Rating 1 discount (6+ years no claim) - $1,142.06

Flexi Excess Discount - $92.24

Annual price for full comprehensive insurance: $632.49 (over $200 cheaper than when I first insured the Golf 2 years ago). For an under 25 year old driving a twin-charged newish car you have to admit that's pretty awesome. :cheeese:

Guest MrLolololXD

That is pretty awesome :D

The insurance for a first year p plater on a Supra is $3500 with Just Car, or, $6600 with RACV :hd:

Not quite. Around 200hp, but being a hatch it's lighter than most common powerful cars. Biggest problem is attempting quick starts and the weight quickly shifts to the back away from the driven wheels. That said I once embarrassed a young Supra driver :)

Guest MrLolololXD

It was probably an N/A. Your Golf does mid 5 second 0-100 times iirc? That's enough to blow the doors off a standard N/A Supra, their 0-100 times are about 6.5 seconds with a mid to high 14 second 1/4 mile pass. :p

Not quite. Around 200hp, but being a hatch it's lighter than most common powerful cars. Biggest problem is attempting quick starts and the weight quickly shifts to the back away from the driven wheels. That said I once embarrassed a young Supra driver :)

Yeah, MkVI is quite light. How's the DSG? They say DSGs have problems with parking, because it don't shift smoothly and it is very slow when parking. :mhmm:

The new DSG 7 did have problems and I had the clutch pack replaced recently under warranty. That said, I've been in a newer 90TSI and 118TSI Jetta (same DSG7) which are very different to my 2009 car and much better. Glad they fixed it but sucks knowing mine still isn't as good (more pedal lag). I solved that by getting a Sprint Booster adapter but that seems to have contributed to clutch issues, so it's a bit catch 22.

I keep telling myself I'll look at a Mk7 GTI when they come out but it'll still be hard to say goodbye to my unique/special Golf (never seen another one close to mine with the interior and extra options).

@Harley need the DSG6 gearbox found in the GTI and R if I want more power.

/ot