We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

XCM's F-1 Converter lets XBox 360 players get behind G25, G27 racing wheels!!!!

"Hedge"

Article

"We've never been shy about our affection for Logitech's G25 and G27 steering wheels, and now we can share our love with our friends of the Xbox 360 persuasion. With the brand new F-1 converter from XCM, die hard Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 Slim fans can get behind the same wheels we've been behind since 2006. If that wasn't reward enough, the F-1 also sports a built-in combo-attack memory function for fighting games, and rumble support is baked in for good measure. So go ahead, ye of the XBox 360 ilk, plug her in, caress the contours of her beautiful leather-wrapped curves, feel the way she kicks -- we'll try not to get jealous. Video game voyeurs can check out the F-1 in action after the jump."

Video

Source

XCM's F-1 Converter lets XBox 360 players get behind G25, G27 racing wheels (video) -- Engadget

I might actually finish off (or get 20% into) Forza 3 with this. I hope the wheel sensitivity/linearity can be adjusted though - didn't look to great there. Also have to check if FFB is there.

FFB is supposed to come with the next (beta) version. As for linearity, that was my first question. If it's not there, the Fanatec wheels have won the xBox battle (with their on-the-fly adjustability).

-Leadfoot

Well people aren't exactly rushing out to buy the MS Wireless wheel - and the Fanatecs don't have great distribution or price competitiveness just yet, so I would be surprised if they do block this, esp after they've shown how they support the modding of things like Kinnect and WP7.

It's gaining a lot of interest this thing and I bet Logitech will be happy with this. Makes me wonder if M$ can do an update to block it but then that would probably backfire on them in the response from people. :hmmm:

From what I've seen M$ do in the past (Windows Vista anyone?), I doubt that they care about their player base's opinions. Besides, if they have 360 wheel competition, that means less $ in M$.

Got it today:), finaly got it workin since i didnt have a wired controller, but i found an old steering wheel that i had that was wired so got it workin now. works pretty well, havent changed the deadzones yet so when i do that it will be nicer. since the deadzone now is about the same as in the vid that was posted with g25 and forza.