We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Pc fps. *petition*

jkk454

The framerate in town on the Xbox 360 can get appalling, I'm talking dives down to 3 or 4 fps if the server is loading up or you're being transferred to a new one. Being in town in general causes it to fall but not so drastically as mentioned above.

So sounds like you're enjoying it about as well as the console gamers.

I should point out that outside of the towns it's pretty consistent.

eh, i call BS and people doing it wrong.

max settings ingame, 1920x1080, forced 8x AA, forced supersample, forced 64x tesselation, forced 16x anisotropic filtering. basically everything set to as much as possible in RadeonPro and i get 40-50fps. @4xAA 50-60fps, depending on ammount of other players.

This is on a XFX HD5770 @ 875mhz and 965BE @ 4ghz. Utilizing both XFX's by fiddling with RadeonPro, i get 20-30fps more, not really needed tho.

Well me, along with lots of other people on the forums (epically people with dual core processes and Ati cards)

have been getting some dismal frame rates.

My pc meets recommended requirments:

AMD Athlon daul core 4450e (2.3GHz)

HD 4870 1GB GDDR5

3GB RAM.

I only get 15 fps on lowest settings. Ive defraged, re-installed, used game booster. Nothing works.

Also that 15 fps rate can easily drop below that. Anybody got some advice on boosting the fps. Is there like a sweet spot on the settings?

Well me, along with lots of other people on the forums (epically people with dual core processes and Ati cards)

have been getting some dismal frame rates.

My pc meets recommended requirments:

AMD Athlon daul core 4450e (2.3GHz)

HD 4870 1GB GDDR5

3GB RAM.

I only get 15 fps on lowest settings. Ive defraged, re-installed, used game booster. Nothing works.

Also that 15 fps rate can easily drop below that. Anybody got some advice on boosting the fps. Is there like a sweet spot on the settings?

Your processor is way too slow. I don't think there's anything you can do but to upgrade your CPU.

EDIT: Check out this post, your CPU is in the deep red area -> too slow!

Have you thought that it could be that your CPU is barely at the minimum requirements and may be under?

It's one of the energy saving ones which means it gets outperformed by CPUs that appear to be lower down i the series. Even if it's overclocked it won't be far at all above the minimum requirements. It could just be that your CPU is bottlenecking your GPU which causes that to also under perform.

E: Beaten by 6 minutes!? :I shouldn't leave my laptop for half an hour before replying to a thread. :lol:

with latest patch my frames got so low that now i'm playing on low....

NO SLI no nothing....

uh0An.jpg

the more i play the more i want to go to my store and get my money back....

i played TDU2 Demo on max with AAx8 with good frame rates and all that was without SLI!

i don't understand how you guys are running this game without any problems...

i'm running Metro 2033 on Very high (1440x900) and getting avg. 40fps! but TDU2 lags with latest patches... whats the problem? Meto 2033 requires less than TDU2? that's ridiculous...

EDIT:

I just finish reading this Test Drive Unlimited 2 Performance Analysis first 18 minutes of gameplay footage

and with disabled SLI i get 30-60fps on Very high (30fps in cities)

looks like crappy game engine don't supports SLI... great...

i play 20-32 fps most of the time on max seting aa 8x

i have a e8400

3gb ram

and a 5770 1gb

I have the same CPU and mem, but an old ATI 4850 gfx card. I have to set it at low settings to be able to play it.

I'm not complaining, I know I have an old card, it's just interesting to compare :)

Perhaps it's time to get a new card... :cheeky:

I never really had a problem with the games frame rates, It does get choppy sometimes but my PC is to blame for most of it. I don't think a petition is needed, maybe some investments your your PC.

I'm running:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 (OC'ed to 3.8ghz) sry

4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3

M4A79T Deluxe

GeForce GTX 260 BFG FTL, MSI gtx 560 ti twin frozer on the way ; )

win 7

rarely see fps below 25. average about 32.

@CDM

I guess two is not better than one in this case! Just Kidding! :D

Unoptimized games are terrible *nods at FSX*

yea, in this case you're right ;)

its sad tho :cry: also that thing with frame skipping is kinda annoying too... but over all now that i configured TDU2 profile, game runs good! last night i passed almost all championships :thumbsup:

few more races and i'm done :D

I was expecting to be disappointed with the performance. My computer's a few years old now (besides the graphics card which isn't top of the range anyway) but I'm actually quite impressed. I seem to fair well, especially out of the cities. Go into the cities and I get about 30FPS and my keen First Person Shooter eyes notice this without needing a read-out but it's still more than playable.

I was going to upgrade my computer to play this game comfortably but I'm glad I didn't because I can run it fine anyway.