We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GT5 General Track/Race Day Organizing Thread

zo6dude

Just thought I would make this for members to benefit from, so that way we don't clog up the forums with track day threads. I'm also hoping this could get stickied. Keep a look out for track days from me/MSM as well..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright guys, I'd like to have a track day in early July, preferably the 2nd or 3rd. It will be fun, fun, fun on the Nurburgring. Everyone is welcome, however there are some RULES!!!!

1. Car must have been manufactured BEFORE 1980 (this means cars from 1980 are NOT allowed), the car must NOT be a race car, and you MUST run Sport Medium tires.

2. This track day will be Practice laps followed by a race! This is a serious track day, a prize will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. (Prizes to 2nd and 3rd will ONLY be awarded if more than 5 people show up)

3. Car must have NO MORE than 375 HP.

3.5 No rough racing, this is a REAL race, so enjoy.

4. Tuning is welcome! Feel free to upgrade straight up to the 375 HP limit (HP limiting is not allowed - DON'T buy a 450 HP car and downgrade it)

Practice will start at 8 AM -5GMT/12-Noon GMT --- Race will be Saturday, July 2nd at 10 AM -5GMT/2 PM GMT time.

Race will be held on the Nurburgring for 3 laps!

To sign-up, leave your PSN and what car you'll be attending with (you can PM this to me later if you wish) - if you have any questions, PLEASE feel free to PM me!

Sign-up list:

RedSkylark - PSN: RedSkylark - Car: 1954 Mercedes 300 SL

Milli - PSN: DarkAvengerZR1 - Car: 1973 Lancia Stratos

Ken - PSN: Flamedogg11 - Car: 1974 Lamborghini Countach LP400

DjDan - PSN:djdan90 - Car:

Pviera - PSN: viera - Car:

Track Day

Time : 12:00(midday)(GMT+1 uk time) / 18/06 (Saturday)

Track : Monza GP

Rules : No redbull x1 nonsense , no body contact , track rules apply

Notes : if you're being overtaken hold your racing line , no hp or car limit bring whatever you like and have fun !

-----------

1-PSN: Ozzmcom

2-PSN: vieira (I think)

3-PSN: RedSkylark

Anyone else wish mileage was added to both the car you're driving, as well as your overall total mileage while free running and having track days online? Please take a moment to look at this thread and poll I created on GTPlanet..(Not to promote GTPLanet, the link can be removed if nesscessary)

Online Mileage For Cars and In Total - GTP Forums

:hmmm: I'm sure I've seen the stats page say how many cars my friends own, how much money they have, and how many kilometers they've driven. Maybe you're talking about something a little different.

Oh! Yes it does, but my issue is that it never shows the miles/kilometers you or you're friends have driven.. for example, if we were both brand new to the game with no miles driven at all, both of us would have 0 miles displayed on our profiles, if we both were to go online and say do one lap of the Daytona Speedway(which is 2.5 miles long) in free run/ drive mode, then the mileage on our profile should be at 2.5 miles overall and the car we just drove should have gained another 2.5 miles on the odometer, but thats not the case, we would both still have 0 miles driven total and the car we used would still have the same mileage on the odometer prior to using it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Track day this Sunday (16/10) (as my brother is coming back to town and I won't be able to abuse his 360 by playing fm4)

Track : Nurburgring Nordschleife

Time : 12:00 (UK Time)

Rules :

No car / tyre limit although Redbull X1 is STRICTLY banned.

Absolutely NO CONTACT. Rammers won't be tolarated at all , you can report rammers to me and I'll kick them out.

Keep your racing line and let faster people overtake you , don't turn this into dirty competition we are not racing there are no prizes.

Track time / weather will be set to match the real one at that time.

Hope to see you at the track!

PSN : Ozzmcom